Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Training Time (tag: Lies In Wait, Patterns, Bjorn)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Training Time (tag: Lies In Wait, Patterns, Bjorn) 

After some cub guidance, Zack requests the presence of LiW and Patterns to assist him in bettering himself in combat.

Sparring, with any typical assistance of gifts they would have is requested.

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

------------------------------------
Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Training Time (tag: Lies In Wait, Patterns, Bjorn) 

Lies-in-Wait walks up taking her surroundings into account. "You spar with gifts, or rather, you want me to use gifts as well?"

"Please clarify your goals during this practice so that I may a just my intent for this practice."

Ekaterina Lies-in-Wait Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"I am hoping to better my abilities, likely using a form of play, to see various tactics and how things would work were I to find myself in a situation with little assistance."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait smiles without showing teeth, "That was what I was testing during our prior snowball fight---snow and ice is an uncommon terrain for me. As was practice with you and yours of value to me for future cooperative missions."

"Should you find yourself alone, and your presence made known to an Enemy, the first assessment should be your current mission. How is time limiting your options for mission success? How does risk balance against success should you evade rather than engague your current foe, etc."

"Second should be consideration of your part to play within the mission---you being alone does not always mean you are not simply seperate from the mission pack. Similar questions, but while understanding how your choice of action affects your Allies."

"Additionally, what of your opposition? Will they alert reinforcements? Would causing a distraction make an opportunity elsewhere to increase the degree of mission success? Can the Enemy be intimidated away to avoid weakening yourself in a conflict ---because there may be further danger that better demands your strength and skill. What is the quickest, most efficient way to benifit you and yours to continue with your mission objective."

"Not all enemy confrontations are created equal, and we hunt in packs for a reason. All these questions, and others, need to be calculated in your mind to choose your tactics wisely----and play is important to have experience in possible choices of action so that you do not hesitate when missions and lives are at risk."

Lies-in-Wait shifts her weight in homid form and adjusts to a different center of gravity---lowered in stance like a goalie at a soccer match ready to catch a ball.

"Who am I pretending to be? Which foe of what power? What is your purpose, and why would I care to interfere? Create the details and I shall adapt accordingly to test your skill and understanding."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods, following the ideals of the mission over anything else mentality.

"I am scouting an enemy position when a patrol happens upon the area that I am using to survey their base of operations.  The patrol is a single warrior with unknown support more than the camp he is patrolling for.  We know there are several groups, auspicial in nature, but not who is at the camp at the same time.  We are using the opportunity to scout the terrain and the movements."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

She makes a face and huffs air as if she had tasted something unpleasant. "As you desire."

Lies-in-Wait takes a breath, blinks once slowly, and when she opens her eyes again, her body language takes on subtle charastics foreign to her normal self. (She is playing pretend more or less.) She turns her head to face Zack as if he were a stranger who had just trespassed onto her territory, but hesitates on purpose to let Zack act first.

Back to topPage bottom

Zack reacts quickly to her change in demeanor.  

Attempting to silence the enemy before they can get a word out, verbally at least; mentally would be another issue.

He attempts a Jam Tech while studying the new threat, looking for weaknesses.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait acts as if cautious despite her imiganary strength and skill as Zack ' s foe.

She speaks some of her actions to explain some of her choices---narrating for Zack ' s benifit during their lesson.

"I may appear alone, but it is because this enemy is at best disposable---young and yet to prove them self. This foe knows this, and seeing a Gaian threat, seeks to contain the situation---have you captured to be interrogated, and that requires additional numbers to secure such a victory. To show that this youth is worthy of reward and further contributions to their cause."

Lies-in-Wait uses True Fear on Zack as she speaks, and shifts to Crinos.

"This foe Strikes fear into your heart to not be struck down----and howls loudly for its allies----and as a howl is much more adapt to conveying far more detail in a such time. If their is mental communication to be had, it is for confirmation of engaging in battle,  or if they should begin attempts to incapacitate and capture on their own"

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods after a moment, the True Fear playing havoc within himself, making him unable to do much more than that.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait growls in a way that suggests how intimidating she could be when facing a true enemy force----for those who have not heard such from the friendly Ahroun, it can be quite unnerving.

Lies-in-Wait closes the distance to Zack and touches him with Falling Touch---causing the Adren Sept Alpha's body to sieze and crumple to the ground.

As Zack lays there, she speaks in her normal tone, small growls and rumbles of Mother's tongue. "and now you are at your enemy's whims. Should I be an enemy dedicated to Green Dragon, now I could taint and mutate you from point blank range."

" Reinforcements would be quick to arrive, even should you break away soon to run. Reinforcements are of greater numbers, likely greater skill and strength, and your advantage continues to decrease with every passing moment. Woe be your people should the enemy recognize you as Sept alpha."

Lies-in-Wait shifts back to homid, takes a step back, and then waits for the effects of her gifts to wear off before extending a hand to help him to his feet.

"This first round of confrontation is over. What have you discovered?"

Back to topPage bottom

Zack accepts the assistance up from the ground.

"There is strength in even the simplest gifts, which can incapacitate an unprepared opponent," Zack replies.  "Thank you for the Wisdom."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

"Remember that you have the advantage when you are dominant to the situation. If you had used roll over, for instance, your enemy would not alert reinforcements, not potentially be fighting back nor running away, because they would be activly submitting to you."

"Is there another scenario you would want to learn from?"

Back to topPage bottom

"What is one you believe would be beneficial for one reaching the end of their time as an Adren, progressing towards Athro," Zack asks.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

She answers without thought to her words, it is another topic she seems to think upon often.

"The circumstances are not what I feel is important. With countless factors, we cannot train for each unique confrontation."

"The lesson to learn--- to prove to me that one is worthy of Athro rank---is to perform in a way that utilizes oneself to their maximum potential."

" An Adren who knows themself, their limits. One who has shown Wisdom from the lessons avaliable to them, and has likewise gained the knowledge and capability to adapt to what surprises life will present to them."

She shrugs. "Giving such a one time to think and plan should expect victory consistently. What truly tests us is how we perform to unexpected events. That is when I can be impressed, and that is when I can better believe if another is ready for additional responsibility."

And just as suddenly as her speech, she throws a punch---having given no warning that the next practice scenario has begun.

Back to topPage bottom

While he listens intently, he does pay attention, and we are in an inherently training situation, and Zack both puts an arm up and dodges the strike to throw Lies. (Dodge 4, Brawl 5, still less traits than her, especially in Crinos.)

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait and Sacrificed for the Truth move in a synchronization of opposed movements.

Zack does indeed evade the punch.

He grabs her punching arm and shifts his weight to throw her with her own momentum----then, just as quickly, he crumples to the ground. Lies-in-Wait has once again succeeded in use of Falling Touch.

Taking a few steps back, she watches to see when Zack decides to get back up--and which tactic he would attempt next.

"Play is preparation for hardships of future life. Show me your strength. Show me how you would survive against apparent odds. Impress me."

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML