Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Following the Surgery on Brennus (Tag Brennus, Sydney, Eve, Kara, and Rex)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Following The Surgery On Brennus (Tag Brennus, Sydney, Eve, Kara, And Rex) 

"I could likely make that happen. Would be good for the time being. Half of us do it so naturally." Sydney chuckled at the thought as she uncurled herself from the way she had her legs tossed over the chair.

(4 Apperance Traits)
Spirit Magnet: Spirits find her, interesting.
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Following the Surgery on Brennus (Tag Brennus, Sydney, Eve, Kara, and Rex) 

Lucian nods and smirks to Sydney, "Sounds good. I can also teach a number of older languages to those interested in trading tongues and literacy."

Lucian then seems to have a sudden mental thought hit him, "Brennus!" Lucian quickly gets paper and a quill before he scribbles up a writ and offers it to Brennus. "When your pack gets to the Library Bibliotecha, you can use my apartment for crashspace."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Following the Surgery on Brennus (Tag Brennus, Sydney, Eve, Kara, and Rex) 

Eve just watches her husband with their daughter, fondly. She doesn't say anything, just observes them. Something about her features softens as she does, Brennus' loving affection towards their daughter seeming to calm something in her that was lashing barely beneath the surface to stillness again.

Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Following The Surgery On Brennus (Tag Brennus, Sydney, Eve, Kara, And Rex) 

Brennus looks up at his name being called as if being pulled back from a distance. Momentary peace fades from his spirit, reluctance visible in the way he hands off his daughter to Eve and accepts the writ from Lucian.

"Hm? Oh! Yes, that sounds like just the ticket," he says with a grin at his punnery, "We spoke once about the Alexandrian realm and, as I recall, Garou were quite forbidden entrance. Do you speak of this or am I forgetting something else entirely?"

"And rehab, you say? When can we start?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"So my best answer for that is, sort of yes. It is what that place is in this timeline and it feels more right." He smiles, "Everyone is welcome as long as they do not bring harm to the library or its occupants. here are research areas and a museum. There are living quarters. I traded memorized books of a different timeline for a set of those living quarters which is a very fancy apartment. This is a writ for you and your pack or accompaniment to use those quarters freely while there during one visit."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex looks dazed for a minute as realizations begin to dawn on him. “I’m in another world, with people that can teach me foreign and ancient languages, who work with magical stuff every single day, and time is currently relative. So I can learn languages and read books and-“ Rex grows more excited and agitated as his brain enters overstimulation, “-and and studies on all the other cultures are all okay and accessible and I can’t be reached by my father here?!” A quiet mutter to himself is now a hasty and audible whisper to himself.

He tries catching his breath. This trip is finally catching up to him, his usually well kept look quickly deteriorating as his complexion grows more faint.

“I can learn anything. Anything at all. My pretty face could finally hide a deadly mind behind it, and there’s not a single thing my family could do to stop me here. I could... I....”

He looks around the room for anyone that looks like an authority. “I request a library card, please. And also lessons in languages.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Woah there, kid," Brennus raises a cautionary finger, "how about we train a strong will and outline a code of honor for you before we seek the lethal esoteric power to overthrow our tyrants. In the meantime I recommend Latin if you would like to read a butchery of history put to pretty words or finding an art to your liking. Both, if you've the inclination."

For all that his words may border on chiding, the Fianna's tone is one of surreal bemusement. He turns toward Lucian with a grin of recognition at Rex's enthusiasm.

"That is even better than I had dared to hope. Shall I simply ring you when we might be nearby to see if they're otherwise occupied?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks as Rex continues on. When Brennus replies to Rex Lucian smiles and nods, "Getting you information is easy. Tame your own mind and psyche first though. None here want to risk letting you dive too deep in directions that will only see you hurt but if your morality aligns with ours and your manners remain excellent you will find no better group of people to help you learn damned near anything. Including otherwise lost secrets of each side of your parentage." He gestures towards Brennus, "Latin is a good choice as a starting language because of how many use it as a basis. Ancient Greek, Germanic, and Slavic are also good places to start for languages to have a hard basis to learn newer tongues. Gaelic is good because of your pack." Lucian shrugs, "Everything else can come in time which for now you have."

Towards Brennus Lucian smiles knowingly seeing him handle Rex almost as Lucian has Brennus in the past, "You may, but it's..." He smirks, "You will need to see the location. It's big enough that sharing is not intruding. My apartment is not special in comparison to others. With time I can help you earn one too. I know some memory techniques that would let you draw out books you have read that they lack."

Back to topPage bottom

"I also suggest Portugues for when Brennus is in well really many moods, but the best stuff comes out when he is pissed off." Syd chuckled adding to Lucian's list as she jotted down a few final notes from the book she was finishing up.

(4 Apperance Traits)
Spirit Magnet: Spirits find her, interesting.
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex continues to look overwhelmed by the information and possibilities.”I don’t even know what it is I don’t know enough of to start doing any of that, but it sounds like I’ll need a lot of notes and studying.” He tries to gauge each persons expressions. “Do I have to start doing crosswords and playing chess and such? I don’t know how to strengthen a moral psyche.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Chess, Go, and Shogi are all good to develop your mind to think ahead and be tactical. Developing morality takes time of seeing problems and situations from which you work to make the best choice of what you can with what you have access to while remembering that advice from others is what you have access to."

Lucian shrugs, "As an example, if you swore to the Creeds of Renown you would have the right to receive education from a den parent or advice from an Elder Garou. They could choose to disrespect that but then they wouldn't be the first Elder I dragged to the pit by their throat or jaw. The manner of me doing that could be wrong though. If so it would then lie within your hands to decide if a Philodox or Theurge should be told to make sure I receive any appropriate inquiries or perhaps punishments I would be owed for doing such. The conundrum itself at that point would be a moral dilemma of sorts. A minor one but one none the less." He then smiles, "A greater one would be knowing that you have access to someone who could cure vampirism but that vampires are of the Wyrm, what is the right thing to do; save them or kill them?"

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus coughs under his breath, voice roughened with words shaped by a genuine smile and good natured sing song brogue.

"If you desire freedom from your fa' I would nae swear to the Creeds. Bloody difficult to follow and requires all sort of thought and consideration. Until you find yourself a path to tread, follow these three laws:

Protect the weak.
Respect the strong.
Love truly.

Everything else you will have to find for yourself."

He passes off the writ to Seanach, who disappears it like one does, and moves further into the room while he speaks. As he comes to a close, the Captain rests an encouraging hand on Rex's shoulder. ((Activating Inspiration for rp purposes))

"It sounds twice as easy as it will be, but that might not be half as hard as you expect. One day at a time."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

“Uh, yeah! Yeah. One step at a time. I can do that.”

Rex takes a breath and collects himself, his cocky grin showing signs of returning.

“This is a lot to do just to read the take out menus. But I think I can do it. With some help.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

((Does anything else need to specifically happen in this scene?))

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

((Blah blah reading, eventually testing the arm? There were a couple offshoot scenes talked about. The guys going drinking and baby talks with Lucian, but I don't know about anybody else))

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

((I have no direct needs out of this specific scene and am fine with being involved in scenes resulted from this one.))

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML