Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 16 of 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Go to page   

Gathering In Time For Soup (tag: Everyone!)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Gathering In Time For Soup (tag: Everyone!) 

“What do you mean by kinfolk being below that outline?  Where does someone like me fit into these outlines?”  She asks. “Nephandi are evil.  Truely evil.  I would not place them within the triat.  If I had to I would put them closest to the wyrm but...  They want nothing more than to see the world turn into a lovecraftian horror.” She shudders. “Our stories say that their corruption goes soul deep.   Not even rebirth takes them off their twisted path.  Forever it consumes their destiny.” She looks sad for a minute.
“There are rules that govern the nine traditions.  I’ll be walking a tightrope as it is. I need to make sure that the laws I have already given my word to uphold won’t clash to horribly with the laws of my new kin.  Honestly that is my biggest concern.  What will I Be looking at when my two worlds inevitably collide?  I am a master.  I think that would be roughly equall to your elder.  I have a lot of pull if I wanted to use it.  I do not want to have to be put into a position where I have to choose between my word and my new kin.”

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"For the most part, kinfolk are expected to obey any garou - though most interact only with those who are in their direct family, and the right of challenge still applies. We've laws, too, that are meant to protect our Kin from the abuse of such obedience. Specifically a commandment to respect those beneath us. Someone like you? In time, if you swear to the creeds of Glory, Honor, and Wisdom, and earn name among us for such, you would likely be grouped in with those of our second rank, Fostern, if considered lowest among them. Still, above cubs and Cliath."

She pauses for a moment. "Our oaths are simple, and mean precisely what they say. They are as follows. The Creed of Glory states, 'I shall be valorous; I shall be dependable; I shall be generous; I shall protect the weak; I shall slay the Wyrm.' In the Creed of Honor, we give oath as such: 'I shall be respectful; I shall be loyal; I shall be just; I shall live by my word; I shall accept fair challenges.' And the Creed of Wisdom asks us to swear, 'I shall be calm; I shall be prudent; I shall be merciful; I shall think before I act and listen before I think.' These are the basic tenets which we must adhere to rise among our people, and to be honored by the spirits with their blessings according to such rank as we have earned."

"The laws get a bit more complicated, or a bit more simple, depending on one's opinion."

She pauses in case Sera has anything to say about rank or renown before moving on to the Litany.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

“I have to be honest I don’t really like this blindly obey thing.  So how are kinfolk protected?  I mean it seems really one sided here.  We inherit all your enemies so you have to protect us, we have to obey, you get to choose us as mates...  what exactly do the kinfolk get out of this deal?  I’m assuming that there is some sort of symbiosis here right?”  She looks towards Yiya-teh. Trying really hard not to upset her
“I already follow your creeds, though my contact to the spirits is part of being a shaman.  The spirits recognize me as such and ask for my aide because of it. Other than in your society what is the benefit of the creeds?”

She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh offers a lopsided half-smile. "Fair enough. I am not fond of it, either - feel free to ask my mate, Lucian. There is a law to submit to those above one, but also a law to respect those beneath one. None here, among me and mine, will treat you with disrespect, and you've my oath that if they do, they will face me, personally before I hand them over to one of our judges - and should I do so, I will submit to my mate before I seek out a judge. As for what you get - I mean, not a lot, in honesty. Being a kinfolk is not a choice for kinfolk, unfortunately. One is or one is not. Just as we do not have a choice over becoming Garou. The protection *IS* important, as kin who are exiled are frequently denied such and often become dead, or slaves to the Black Spiral Dancers - They are to Garou what Nephandi are to Magi. Healing from things that one might otherwise never heal from; Kin often undergo rites and rituals to protect hearth and home, and to ease the darkness of life. What we did for that little girl, earlier, for instance. She was raped and tormented, and had dark rituals used to sink their hooks deeply into her psyche and cause her to seek to make such vile things happen to others. We cast free the rite that was shackling her, and then eased the healing. Were she not among us, that never would have happened, and the Wyrm would have gained another servant in her."

She takes a drink from a small waterskin, one that smells of cinnamon whiskey, before offering it over to Sera. "The Creeds also serve to make sure one lives a good life, plainly and simply. Our laws make sure we live just lives that will help our people survive the war. Our creeds make sure that surviving is worth it." She shrugs.

"Our laws, by the way are next. I'm just going to state them all, in the order they're most commonly recited, and then let you ask any questions you have."

She closes her eyes for a brief moment, before reciting,
"Garou Shall Not Mate With Garou
Combat the Wyrm Wherever it Dwells and Whenever it Breeds
Respect the Territory of Another
Accept an Honorable Surrender
Submission to Those of Higher Station
The First Share of the Kill for the Greatest in Station
Ye Shall Not Eat the Flesh of Humans
Respect for Those Beneath Ye: All Are of Gaia
The Veil Shall Not Be Lifted
Do Not Suffer Thy People to Tend Thy Sickness
The Leader May Be Challenged at Any Time during Peace
The Leader May Not Be Challenged during Wartime
Ye Shall Take No Action That Causes a Caern to Be Violated"

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Back to topPage bottom

She takes the offered flask and takes a sip before speaking.
“Huh.  I would say that what we did to that girl should be done to all that suffer that problem.  I will give this being kin a try.  I however don’t take orders well and will do what I believe to be right.  I will however try to talk about it should conflict occur.” She pauses seeming to consider her words. “ I can potential see a problem with one of my oaths.  The one being Protect the sleepers, for they know not what they do. I will also speak to your mate. Is there anything else you think we should know about each other?”

Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh laughs. "I am sure there is much. But we have time to determine what that might be, and to share it as best we can. But yes, do speak with Lucian. He's probably expecting you, to be honest. I would be, in his stead."

Back to topPage bottom

“There is one thing I should share.  Beings allies of a sort. I am extremely long lived.  I do not however remember all of it.  I can’t say why my previous selves decide to restart, though I’m starting to get an idea, I know that I have on,y been Sera for the past 20 years.  I always expect to have things come at me from past i have no memory of.  I made Huginn, Muninn and my Totem promise to not tell me anything about my previous selves.  I know they would warn me if I was about to walk into something bad, but all four of us take our given word very seriously.”

Back to topPage bottom

"You aren't even the first ageless person I've spoken to today, child. Your past is yours and we'll not pry, until and unless it comes to harm you. Then, you are one of ours, and we will defend you as much as you will allow." Yiya-teh smiles, teeth bared by the gesture in a somewhat predatory expression.

Back to topPage bottom

“I’m used to spirits more than people.  Thank you for the explanation. “
She gets up giving the elder a nod of her head as she leaves in the direction of the house.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML