Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The Binding of Packs (Tag all)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post The Binding of Packs (Tag all) 

Lucian goes over to the fire pit that was used for cooking not too long after the group arrived in Sara Feather Heart's territory. Lucian uses a small elemental trick to whisper on the wind to all of the group which has become part of the "main party of people" (Minus one Nuwisha that Jysiira has taken as a pet, naturally.)

"Hey, I would like to get everyone together so we can get the rituals done to put us back into packs. Yiya-teh will be casting for my pack. Brennus and Sydney, I would appreciate if Sydney would join us and lead the casting for yours. I will work to do the fetish replacement for the totem mask as best and quickly as I can once we know what totems will be represented for certain as well as how many packs we are for certain looking at."

As folks arrive Lucian seems to be steaming water out of a pot with a bit of wild rose, sage, and maybe tobacco? There is definitely some weirdness in the smell albeit not inherently unpleasant. The wind seems to move to keep the steam contained and the area is quite warm. The fire itself flickers from a white light of great intensity through golden hues to an occasional silver or blue. Nearby the pot are cups with some foul looking but nice smelling fluids in them. Exactly one cup for every person that arrives, even for those who arrive late as if by luck alone.

"Uhm, there are enough ingredients for friends to tag along on the rituals."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: The Binding Of Packs (Tag All) 

Brennus arrives before the rest of his crew, trailed by his familiars, though it clearly just so happens that the cat was coming here anyway. He waves as Lucian comes into view.

"Hullo the camp," his accent thick and exaggerated, "my folks are on their way, but who knows how long it will take them. Rex seems to be gabbing a hell of a time."

The Fianna grins. "Anyway, so how does this whole thing work?"

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
Appearance: 5 (Roguish)
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Physically Impressive - +1 to Intimidation
Scarred (Ogham Rune Tattoos) - -2 to Intimidation, only applies when visible
Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: The Binding of Packs (Tag all) 

Lucian sort of quirks an eyebrow before a thought dawns on him, "I fathom you, Sydney, Backlash, and your close folks never got to see the ritual performed correctly nor by the spirit of the rite. I had almost forgotten you suffered through such a place, please forgive me." Lucian gestures Brennus over, "I can walk you through the idea while we wait on the ladies to arrive and get ready. Once the ritual starts I can help teach it to you while the ladies instruct if your current ritual teacher is willing to allow it since I won't be of use as a ritualist until the rituals are done."

Once Brennus is closer, Lucian shows him a wooden slab with a  thick sludge on it, "That's sort of a proprietary blend of spiritually important herbs to Gaia. Mugwort, Tobacco, and Blue Lily. It's the gunk we rub around our eye sockets and over our eyelids while the ritualists invoke the spirits to let us seek them out for patronage." He looks back to Brennus, "More often at a Rite of Passage or when a pack has no clue who they wish to follow this then continues into the Umbra as a whole spiritual journey to find the totem that came to the call and convince them to let you join. Other times the pack beseeches a specific spirit to come to the call of the Ritual and they basically do the same shit, but in that case best to have an offering that is a good chiminage to the spirit in question." Lucian smiles, "On that particular point, once the two of us decide which packmate gets to be the person who has the link to each pack from each of our packs you and I will work with them to be able to do that for the spirit of the pack they are going to be linked to."

Lucian points at the ugly looking fluid, "That is in case anyone wants to do the Rite of Teachers before hand. Psychotropic stuff that will work on kin and Garou alike but nothing like the Ayahuasca we use for anything major."

He gestures at the rest of the stuff going on, "The steam is for cleansing, nothing more. Warm enough to kill things that aren't supposed to be here physically and with enough herbal and spiritual goodness to handle the non physical kinds of parasites, bugs, and what have you. I tried to work with things soothing to the local spirits which should be about for that just kind of by rote method." Lucian then smiles to Brennus, "The Wind trick is one I can do myself, but this is parlor trick enough that you or yours could persuade Air elementals to do so for a share of the Sacred Tobacco burnt just for them. Or really anything with control wind or updraft as known charms." With a bigger grin he points at the fire, "Solar and Lunar flames. That is just for showmanship. I could probably be convinced to build a wand like a lighter for it for rituals and touch burn situations if you or yours want. AS any with create element grow in rank or any other kind of elemental based summoning gifts they may be able to be taught to call upon such. I know if I taught anyone Bolt or Elemental Mastery they could learn to do so once they achieve the rank of Elder."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

"Availing myself of the Teacher's Rite has been useful before, so I suppose it would behoove me to do so again." Brennus follows along with Lucian's explanations, making note of each ingredient and their purpose. "So how do we go about deciding on our spiritual links? We went on a pack quest for Merlin in the Old World; shall we do so again?"

He pauses in thought before continuing. "Our totem masks, do they come with both the benefits and taboos? If so, what concern should we have for the spirits aligning well?"

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods to the first reply. For the question, "Basically you will be going on a spiritual quest to at least get to the totem. Once that is complete the rest will be between the totem and your pack. If you have a spirit ii mind, just consult the Theurges and the ladies can see to it that the spirit in question is who responds to the ritual."

About the masks he smiles, "First, I am not sure it will be a mask specifically. I may make a couple pauldron covers shaped like masks aesthetically. However, yes. All of the benefits and the same taboos. I personally intend to try to get Hakahe as a totem once more. His virtues are creation and destruction while his vice is depression. His request for his followers is to make things that encourage humanity to create instead of destroy. Hence all of those zen koan puzzle boxes you've seen me make and give away to random people."

Back to topPage bottom

"Depression, you say? Is that like Harano?" He shakes his head. "No matter. While my pack is on their way I will get a vote for how they want to proceed."

"So a pauldron instead of a mask. I like that, if nothing else for the sake of keeping my face free to the wind. Do you and yours have any particular spirits to avoid?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "I feel similar. I only use a mask when in armor with a stylized helmet or as part of a disguise."

Lucian shrugs, "As long as they don't require us to be intentionally shitty to anyone it should be fine. Probably best to avoid prey spirits."

Back to topPage bottom

Syd arrived Bertram following above her to land in a tree, she looks a little sheepish as she approaches the two others there. Running her fingers through her hair with a sigh she looks between them.

"So is it going to be an issue that I don't know this rite?"

(4 Apperance Traits)
Spirit Magnet: Spirits find her, interesting.
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shakes his head and smiels to Sydney, "You have Yiya-teh for that  and she has me to assist as need be."

Back to topPage bottom

"Seems fair enough. I do not imagine prey spirits will be drawn to my crew. For all that we are from different lives we are all children of War in our own way." He steps over to Syd and uses the top of her head as an arm rest. "So are we to be bound by our Theurges or should you and I be the link?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Honestly I think by our Theurges has almost as many advantages to the group as binding by ourselves but I feel that Yiya-teh would be more appropriate and helpful to have joined from my pack."

Back to topPage bottom

"What do you think, Syd? I have no issue bearing the weight of the bond, but if you and Yiya-teh prefer otherwise I will cede that position."

Brennus shrugs, tilting his head to one side as if listening for something.

"Suppose we can just wait and see if the totems have a preference."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

She doesn't seem fazed by being used as an armrest, she actually seems almost comforted by it. "It likely isn't a bad idea, but I will also defer to Yiya-teh if she believes otherwise as the Eldest of Theurges for this."

(4 Apperance Traits)
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

"So we cast Rite of the Teachers, then whip up a couple totem quests, and off we go? Sounds like a good time." Brennus moves away, pacing about while he thinks out loud. "Seems that my crew is up for seeing which way the wind blows. We have a purpose and a dream worth fighting for. Rumor has it the spirits can see our hearts, yeah?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Wandering up to the clearing, Mackenzie lifts a hand in greeting to those already gathered.

"Hey- is it cool if I watch from the side lines?"

She doesn't seem bothered by the steam and the scents carried with them, but she does glance more than once at the fire and the unusual colors it is flashing, clearing intrigued but not enough to forget her manners.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Syd smiled and waved to her with a slight wiggle of her digits

"I've no issue."

(4 Apperance Traits)

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles to Brennus, "Ah, recently I explained this to an Álfar. Not inherently, but many have the power to do so based on what they can learn through their natures. So never let one kid you into believing it cannot as some lack of potential but you can never rely on them being able to do so. In my case it is very likely the gift I learned from Hakahe developed into a power during my transmogrification."

Lucian gestures about, "In this case though? The ritual itself bridges that need. Simply using the ritual with intent in mind your pack is supposed to find the totem it needs. This does not always match the one it wants but it is always one that has something to do with the needs of the pack as a pack. Usually it corresponds to their goals and directions as well."

He then smirks, "AS for the Rite of the Teachers, I did what I could to make it so the drugs wear dawn after the rituals have passed. That said this may not be the strong stuff, but it isn't the far too weak stuff Kyle used either. Done right, you will hear some shit and see some things that should help with the spirit quest towards your pack's totem."

To mackenzie Lucian nods, "As long as Yiya-teh consents once she arrives and Brennus as his pack Alpha. You have my consent on behalf of my pack and already Syd'ney's. I would like to point out the drugs are all safe with no long term negative effects and that not partaking in them is an option but you will miss most of the ritual that way once we get started."

Back to topPage bottom

He nods at Mackenzie. "By all means, join us, though do be careful about distance. Spirits do sometimes enjoy wrapping up bystanders in their quests." Brennus chuckles under his breath. "Not that I imagine any of the assembled allowing that to run wild."

"Very well, is there any concern about the ritual components transferring to the twins through Evelyn?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks, "I mean, the chemicals in question certainly shouldn't but even if they did it wouldn't actually harm them."

Back to topPage bottom

Just about then, Eve wandered up. "Heard my name. What's all this?" She looks around wide-eyed at the obvious ritual makings, and moves as if to step back from the group again, knowing rites and rituals aren't really her place.

As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.

Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)
Feral Appearance, Animal Magnetism, Good ol' Girl

Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Caiolynn and Reagan followed rather shortly behind Eve, deep in conversation. They each stopped at the edge of the area and continued their quiet discussion, which to anyone bothering to listen was on the finer points of the proper way to contour for good drag makeup.

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

Yiya-teh, in lupus, trots up herself, looking over various ritual components set out previously, before wandering around the area, nose-counting everyone, sharing scent (including rubbing her side along Mackenzie's leg) and then flopping on the ground next to Lucian.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Brennus grins wide at the arrival of the majority of his crew, going over to nuzzle at his mates and wink at Reagan. "Oh no, all in for the ritual. Kinfolk and otherwise."

He turns to acknowledge Yiya-teh in the appropriate way before speaking. "Greetings, Elder, might you have a preference for who within my pack holds the totem bond?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"Why, whoever your pack thinks is best, of course." She shrugs in a very lupine, uktena, shaman-y way and then continues about her rounds.

It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.

Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

She nods, her eyes sparkling with personal humor at Lucian's note about the drugs. "Noted."

With Brennus' warning she gives a more serious nod. "I'll do my best to stay a safe distance away and not interfere.

A wave of greeting to Eve and then standing very still as Yiyah-Teh brushed against her. Not because of her form, but mostly because of the rank the Garou held.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML