Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian sits in a field with numerous large blocks of ice. Tall rectangles, most of them seven feet tall excepting the five foot by three foot by three foot block which seems to have a Grandklaive with a glow of blue and white embedded in the center of the block through the top aiming down. Numerous other klaive templates are jabbed into the ice block, mostly steel but a few silver ones as well.

After sending a small whisper to Reagan as a request to have him messenger the request for any of the Klaviskar students presence Lucian sits and prepares to attempt to meditate until all interested parties Reagan may have informed Lucian of arrives. This of course breaks when the first person arrives, to which Lucian offers a warm smiling face. Another klaive is sitting near Lucian's right leg in a manner some might consider the non aggressive seating posture for having a sword nearby. The manner with which he regards it is more like he does a finished project that was not for himself than how he interacts even on a simple level of body language with his own gear.

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are twelve light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

A familiar large wolf comes into the field and sniffs the ice blocks. "Am I the first?"

Christian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

Lucian nods, "First to show up. Nothing wrong with that. If you need to practice you are welcome to any of the training klaives, but not the real one at my side nor the one holding that block. You are however welcome to investigate each. Also, feel free to use your Klaive for now or if you would prefer an actual Grand Klaive to use you are welcome to borrow Truth. I can also provide you appropriately sized templates for you to go through your forms." He looks Christian over, "Have you considered my request to help teach?"

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph-like marking, as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his arm. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar Training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, Plus Any Others Interested.) 

Looking around again at the blocks then the new weapon with a feeling of power. "I have given it some thought and I will help. I see you have made something new. What is it's story?"

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Klaviskar training. (Tag Brennus, Christian, plus any others interested.) 

"Thank you, brother." Lucian places a hand on the one near his side, "This one id for Yiya-teh. I prefer to wait on here before giving it's story. The blade in the ice id the blending of a Frost Nymph and a Moon Beam so as to create a tool meant to be wielded by a student or even someone trying to perfect the use of forms for different sizes of klaives. She's a fun lady. Humorous and entertaining. A little bit of a chill to her, naturally. I will share her name with you later in private and tell you more about each of them if you want to know more."

Back to topPage bottom

Shifting to homid His klaive is apparent on his side. " The gift for Yiya-teh, would you be okay I look it over and hold it? I'm curious as to the reason you think she needs one. Unless it's her desire to have one then I don't pretend to know her desires. As for the information later I look forward to it. I will always be hungry for knowledge."

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles and with a brief few hand gestures which then leads to him levitating the klaive and offering it over. "Her tribe has a klaive unique to them. She is my wife. Klaviskar duel may be an unavoidable option for her at some point and i know she will refuse to let me champion her because of how precious she feels all kin to be and then me even more so." Lucian shrugs, "When you realize what this blade is I think you will be entertained."

Back to topPage bottom

With a quirked smile showing," I guess you doing the levitation is easier then me doing it.  Tell me about their specific klaive type? " He takes the handle, starting to look the klaive over.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks, "Well it is the size of a Grand Klaive. As you can see it is made of crystallized and petrified bones. The blade is claws. All of it hammered together as if blending steel and then using the crystal to decorate line work through it. The words are Draconic in nature. I prefer not to reveal too much and would prefer you not speak too much about what you realize until Yiya-teh has a chance to investigate it and figure it out."

Back to topPage bottom

A familiar raven spirit lands nearby, followed by Brennus in the distance. As he gets closer it is revealed that he is wearing what appears to be a new battle skirt of black sailcloth and a vibrant, button down Hawaiian shirt - still without shoes.

You know the kind. Yeah, that kind. Except somehow it kinda works for him in that messy rogue sort of way. He waves with a wolfish grin once he's reached a distance that is comfortable to speak from.

"It is good to see you again! How long has it been for you?"

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
Appearance: 5 (Roguish)
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Physically Impressive - +1 to Intimidation
Scarred (Ogham Rune Tattoos) - -2 to Intimidation, only applies when visible
Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks to Brennus, "Still Monday the twenty first of August twenty seventeen, right?" He then nonds, "Only a few weeks for me this time. How about for yourself?"

While Brennus responds but clearly not intended as an interrupt, Lucian gestures him to go get the Grand Klaive from the block of ice.

Once Brennus has had time to get the Grand Klaive and look it over, "Please attune to that for now. I think you can handle the weight of that silver for your training. Once you are attuned you are to go through your warmups with Christian who will then be supplying you with opponents for multiple opponent combat with a klaive." Lucian then smiles to Brennus, "After we are done with our assessment I will move on to how best to utilize the rest of yourself while you are holding that klaive. I promise the groundwork of that will be a huge help in you versus group combats. Hopefully only in war scenarios, but who knows."

Back to topPage bottom

"Not sure, stopped trying to keep track."

He makes his way over to the Grand Klaive, but does not yet take it. Brennus stands there for a few long moments, studying every detail of the weapon waiting before him.

"Silver for training purposes? Could I not use one of the steel forms?"

At just over six feet in height, Brennus is a man of compact build with musculature that looks carved from stone - representative of incredible self-discipline and dedication were he not a Garou - and a mien that is unmistakably familiar with violence. Though otherwise mutable some aspects to his garb remain consistent; namely a raven feather and small silvery bells braided into dark auburn hair, a rough hewn signet ring, and a necklace with six runic amulets. Usually seen with his raven and/or feline companion(s), a thoughtful gaze, carrying his ashandarei (in either it’s spear or shortened sword form) and Evening Frost. On occasion he will disguise himself as an old man, hiding much of his more overtly supernatural traits and some of the markings that speak to his parentage.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

Scenes dated before 5/15/19 were done with a different physical appearance and capacity.

There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. - Lugh, probably

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian half frowns, "The name means burden for a damned good reason. It is not my intent that you will be carrying this after the training today nor that you will be wielding it directly against an actual garou. You will find that your attunement to that klaive should end immediately after you release it from your grasp and walk away." Then Lucian smirks, "Besides I think you will find one of the spirits prefers to be handled and might find it insulting if you do not want to pick her up. Silver is not going to be wielded against you. Yet. I would prefer you be more martially inclined with all your klaive wielding forms before you find yourself against silver at this level of difficulty, even in training. Even then we have Theurges on hand and one working with you today. You will not find yourself dead in training unless you do it to yourself by intent."

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus shrugs and pulls the blade free, stepping well clear and getting a feel for how it cuts the air, how it presses against his grip. After a few moments he smiles down at the weapon and speaks in Spirit Speech by seeming habit.

"Do you have a name, that I may address you with due respect, my lady?"

He waits for a moment, then nods.

"Alacine is a beautiful name. Would you mind terribly if I were to use you today?"

*Edited to include under the cut with ST approval

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian seems to smile and return to his meditation. After a moment he offers, "Feel free to grab anything not usually used as a weapon when Christian is done with you. Do not let the thought distract you while with him. Those shadows are all as capable as he is and they can still hurt even if you won't be at risk of real harm. Getting cut is still a bitch of a pain. If you frenzy he has instructions to let you ride it out or not based on your own control. If he frenzies I will handle it and you should then move to keep bystanders safe. He has been known to throw lightning even in frenzy."

Lucian gestures to the blocks without rising, "Those are for cutting practice and then for whatever else you or he need them for in training. Be advised that ice tends not to protect from electricity as an unfortunate side effect of it's nature." Then Lucian shrugs, "Although I can probably work with you to help you learn to dodge more natural lightning later. When we finally get out and have a good storm. In the meantime my brother is a good teacher and I have faith you will both enjoy this."

Lucian then tosses a mechanical watch to Brennus, "Set that to keep time. He and I are here for the equivalent of all day so how much time you intend to work with each of us is up to you and him. I intend to spend it like our Mondays back at the sept and work between Klaviskar, acrobatics, and now additional training for just you since my other students are not with us." At the last Lucian turns back to smile at Brennus, "Well at least you have more time for pointed questions and curiosities now, right?"

Back to topPage bottom

Watching the rogue approach Christian's clearly goes from relaxed to more jovial. "So Brother, how many students are you expecting for today's lesson?"

As the raven lands it's clear that his attention is clearly on it with a mischievous smile growing wider by the second, a dark storm forming over head with the promise of a monsoon if it so wishes.  The odd occult movements and whispers clearly show hes taking the measure the the spirit before him.

Clearly distracted until his name snaps his attention away from the Raven. "Wait we aren't using real silver on him? That seems like a waste but I guess we should see how good he is to start... "

As soon as Brennus uses spirit speech a fist size streak of static electricity ripples across Christian as he clearly pays attention to that interaction. He then tries to calmly take a few breaths. He leaps to the top of an ice block and sits laying the grand Klaive across his lap, it clearly visible a spine fused with a blade.  " So Brennus, now that you are properly armed. I want you to tell me how good you think you are so I know where to start with you. "

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian seems to just wait calmly, answering only the one question, "Outside of Brennus himself I really am not although everyone currently with us is welcome since the likelihood is that we will be seeding two high tribe septs using good tradition and history as and when can be used. Likely best everyone that needs to learn the art for dueling to the death does so and then with luck we will never need it."

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian's instructions are received by a familiar tilted head and a nod of acknowledgement. He closes his eyes, breathing in and out with his heartbeats. A few moments of centering himself and the attunement is complete.

Brennus steps even further away and begins shifting the weapon through its different sizes. His motions don't flow in forms, but he is clearly familiar with a Klaive. As it grows in size his comfort with it lessens, then becomes nearly non-existent with the Great Klaive.

Once he's returned it to Klaive form Brennus turns to Christian with a good natured grin and shrugs.

"Good enough not to have died yet?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smiles, "True, against the other students they have wielded silver at each other. But the other three remained in the other time and place."

Back to topPage bottom

Sera walks to join the three people, though a clever person would realize she simply appeared from the tree line. As though she wasn’t there just a moment ago.
 “You mentioned dueling to the death. Is that a thing?” She tilts her head. Holds her hand up in a motion of wait as though she is gathering her thoughts and listening at the same time.
“I must apologize, it is extremely rude of me to just have jumped into the your discussion like that. I simply heard a thing and was advised that it may be worth further investigation. Am I intruding or interrupting?”

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Yes, yes, and no. Respectively." Lucian does not rise from his seated position and seems not concerned at the presence nor questions. Answering them in turn as yes or no questions instead of wasting unneeded words while he keeps some attention towards Brennus and Christian.

Back to topPage bottom

Looking towards the new arrival, "Greetings Sera, Is this something that you want to watch? We are about to start Brennus's lesson for today if he survives."

As he talks Christian's shadow hops down and stretches looking towards Brennus. "Hello Student, my Master says you are here to learn the use of Klaives. This is your first lesson from us so we are going to take it easy on you. You may call me Kai. " Walking over Kai takes a look at the blades stuck in the ice. After choosing a slender blade he turns back to Brennus, "Show me what you have learned so far."

Back to topPage bottom

The raven spirit flies up and lands on another block away from Christian.

Brennus looks up at Christian first and then Kai. "Any rules or are we just fighting?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

She nods towards Christian “I would like to watch yes. If I may.” She waits for a response before moving to sit somewhere that is out of the combat zone but close enough to still be heard.
She watches the combat silently.  By her body language it is clear she has questions. She stays quiet not wanting to disrupt either of the combatants.

A circular tattoo of three animal heads- wolf, mountain lion, bear, sits along her neck right over the heart area.
She carries a leather messengers bag with an unkindness of ravens embossed upon it.
A wooden bracer is on her right arm, it has four stones that each seem to shift with one of the elements.

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian gestures invitingly for Sera.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML