Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

Lemme Axe You A Question ((Tag ST))
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Lemme Axe You A Question ((Tag ST)) 

A wolf hunts alone through the shadows of the dusk enshrouded spirit trees, if one does not look skyward. His mass and Breeding alone would give away his unnatural nature to knowing observers, but it's really accessories - beads and feather - that make clear his affiliations.

He does not hurry; instead taking careful stock of every detail, from types of trees to signs of spiritual activity, and mapping it in his mind. Once he's wandered across Lucian's scent, the stronger the better, he follows it to see where it leads.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Lemme Axe You A Question ((Tag ST)) 

Lucian's scent is strong, the tang of his blood fresh in the air and starkly apparent to the wolven form stalking through the trees. The prowess of the hunter is not overly tested, because soon after the scent is noted, so too becomes obvious the acrid smoke of burnt oakwood. A radius of splinters and friction-impacted burnt flakes surround an otherwise pristine tree, with an axe embedded in it, hafted with a handle of clearly magical wooden nature.

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

By the time that Brennus finished returning to his breed form the look of tired incredulity has almost faded away. Almost. The familiar raven lands atop his outstretched left hand/forearm, wrapped in pitch black silk, and he takes a centering breath before stepping forward.

"Any of you have claim on this axe?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

The woods only respond with an echoing, cavernous silence; a quiet so loud that it roars.

Back to topPage bottom

SS: "Going once? Specifically not attempting to harm or steal anything. Just here to pick up the axe..."

He takes a few tenuous steps closer to the tree, stretching his senses to their greatest limit to seek out potential traps or ambush.

~Hey, Old Man, does this seem like a trap to you or is it just me? This is too easy.~

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

~Screams trap at full volume, Feathers.~

Eerie quiet continues

Back to topPage bottom

"How unfortunate there is no one here. I was intent on leaving an offering, but without anyone to receive it..." he lets the words fade off and remains where he is, "and such beautiful trees with no one to watch over them."

~Perhaps that will bring them out. Could you give me a sky view?~

Brennus scans the world around him, suspicion making him wary of anything that might be observing him. Not finding anything, he nevertheless remains prepared for company as he closes the gap to lay the palm of his right hand against the tree itself, seeking to infuse it with a bit of his own stored Gnosis.

((  2018-09-14 20:16:47 Bren rolls 10 dice to Trap? (Diff 4, used willpower) 7,2,7,10,2, 5,1,6,3,3 [5 successes] ))

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Tree accepts gnosis. No trap springs around him.

Back to topPage bottom

The Fianna shrugs.

~Never let it be said that I did not try.~

Presuming nothing stops him, Brennus takes the handle and cranks the axe free - suspicion firmly attached. Again, presuming nothing else occurs, he heads back into the forestry to map out proper firewood.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

The axe takes a good bit of work to wrench free. The head seems undully large and unweildy at a glance

nothing bad happens

Back to topPage bottom

Distrust increases.

Further examination of the axe head causes him to pause mid-step.

"What in the God damn," a few idle swings and a face twisted by confusion, "hell happened here?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Upon examination, there seem to be a central axehead hafted onto the magical wood handle, and then two others, sandwiching it with some sort of sticky substance holding them together.

Back to topPage bottom

"What? Why? Goddamit, Sydney, this is why Eve does the ordering."

Grumbling under his breath, Brennus makes his way back into his own territory to find the...ahem... solution to his problem.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

From deeper in the forest, Sera walks out.
“Is there a problem Brennus?”

Sera Feather Heart Jackson Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Brennus stops in his tracks, grinning somewhat haphazardly in Sera's direction. Before speaking he takes a moment to take stock of the situation and sense what he can of her intentions based on her body language on approach and scent.

"Nothing that will not sort itself out in time. While I have you here, though, the Elder has set me to gathering firewood for the winter and said the two of you had worked something out? Could you brush me up on the deal so I dinnae go disrupting your lands?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

“I suppose you could say we worked something out...”she smiles. “As far as the rules. Take what you need.  It will all grow back in time.”  She shakes her head
“You are welcome in my hall and at my table Brennus.  I am kin to your people.  I still don’t quite understand if I want that.”she grins.”but sometimes family isn’t a choice. I awakened my home and gave Elsbeth some very awesome powers over it.” She sighs
“I could ask the land to regrow the forest here in but a few hours, I can permanently destroy spirits and curse a person to a rather painful life, I can call upon the earth to yield to me it’s riches beneath or feet, or posses someone, I’m fairly sure I can mix the right set of herbs and cure someone of cancer.”  She  sighs and stares at the heavens. “My point is there is not much I can’t do if I put my mind to it and there is not a thing you or your people could do to my lands that I cannot fix or heal.”

Back to topPage bottom

He takes several moments before responding, ear tilted to the wind and eyes moving as if speaking though it doesn't reach his face. Once his attention returns fully to the present the Garou grunts in acknowledgment.

"To each their own will, I suppose. Do you have a map of your lands on which your territory lines can be marked out or shall I make one as I work?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

“You’ll notice the end of my territory.  I have set it with the symbolism of being in a shamans territory.  It shouldn’t be hard to spot.”  She says.

Back to topPage bottom

"Very well." He seems distracted again for a moment, then gives his familiar an accusatory glance. "If you will excuse me, I have some fifty cords of firewood to chop and need to get back to my land once I am done."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

“Mmm”. Sera shakes her head.
 “Have fun” she says walking off. “There are dying trees over in that direction” She points in a direction while walking.

Back to topPage bottom

"Fair fortunes be upon you."

Brennus can be seen throughout her forests, though for how long is anyone's guess, going about his task. Now armed with an axe that can keep up with heavy use, he gathers the barest minimum to satisfy their need and takes an obsessive amount of care in replenishing half and again what he's taken. If ever a question or concern arises he uses the beads to reach out to Sera for clarification. ((Ex. "These brambles are blocking the sunlight to these wild raspberries. You want jam or should I leave it for next season?"))

As each of his days pass the process by which he decides what is ready to be harvested and what should be left another year is made more streamlined. Furthermore, he keeps a running dictation of everything ranging from soil health to any concerns regarding natural diseases or infestations that might be a danger to the balance of the land itself. By the time he is finished there is not an inch of the natural Woodlands he has not inspected, considered, and communed with.

Fifty cords is a lot of firewood.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML