Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

A Place To Call Home Phase I
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Place To Call Home Phase I 

Syd looked to Eve with a smile. "Yes please, I am curious if it is like anything what the City Farmers might have also been working on."

(4 Apperance Traits)
Spirit Magnet: Spirits find her, interesting.
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex blinked slowly, looking between each of them. “Growin’ a Boat. Sounds like a faerie tale. I like it.” He sits cross legged on the ground to listen.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"This is just the first taste of that, trust me," Syd said with a chuckle as she looked back to Brennus. "If you want I can consult other Theurges about this you know when we get back out into the world.

(4 Apperance Traits)
Born Leader: Others respond to your inherent authority and tend to follow your orders or suggestions. Even if you do not hold a position of leadership, those around you treat you as if you did.

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus shakes his head, "No, we have the time while we are here. Fell free to work with the other Theurges here, but this needs to happen before we join the world."

He grows quiet, focused on some thought.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Reagan picks up the thread of conversation. "I.. I don't actually know as how that would would work. This seems more spiritual than not, and the nature of the whole stasis were in is distinctly spiritual. So..." Reagan frowns as he trails off.

Reagan Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Once the spirit eater is removed we can repopulate the area with spirits that align with our..." He pauses, tilting his head like he hears something the rest of them don't. "We are still experiencing time moving forward. We get hurt, we heal, we get hungry, we eat, we get tired, we sleep. What if we can impart our forward movement in exchange for time remaining still?

"The ship remains static, but changes by our influence. There is nothing saying that it has to be a one way current. Having our own anchor in Time would mean we could age in pace with the ship instead of whatever Realm we are in at the time. If the Annabel is aligned with Time as it is here then she never ages at all. She can be hurt, like us, but would not break down from general use. Even then those of us who are connected to her can return her to true because that connection will allow us to shape her."

Brennus abruptly stops talking, finally taking a breath between words. He does have the decency to give them a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, I probably sound mad."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani

Back to topPage bottom

"Not mad, my love," Eve and Caiolynn pipe up at the same time, before looking to one-another ruefully. "But-" Eve starts and Caiolynn continues, "The way you perceive things has never been the same as most others."

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

"So I have found," his words are filled with a sort of weariness, made worse by despondency. "Perhaps if I can find a way to do it, then I can just show you."

Brennus turns to Syd, "Will it upset you if I go try some ex-spirit-mentation? Words fail me, but if I can prove my thoughts then it will be much easier to show instead of explain."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"I should say no because of that pun. However, I am too curious about this to really uphold it. So long as any spirit you get aid from is willing and not forced into something they don't want to be doing." She said with a small sigh and shake of her head at him, but smiling just a hint.

(4 Apperance Traits)

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

"I am not one for slavery, so to that you have my word." He shrugs, blinking and flashing a tired smile.

"So, anybody else have news?"

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

Caiolynn finds herself busy with something as Brennus asks that question, avoiding his gaze with all the subtlety of a brick to the face.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex looks around during most of the conversation, not interested in things going over his head. The request for news gets his attention.

“There’s a lot to be found in this forest. Many wild plants and roots good for eating, lots of berries and nuts and roots. The fish are plentiful, though mammals are a bit scarce. I’ve seen tracks of rabbit, none yet of deer. There are many stones good for arrows and slings, and the river beds occasionally yield gemstone of little value. Trace amounts of various crystal, nothing worth coin but possibly of use to the mystics. I’m still looking for honey and faerie mounds, but so far both elude me. I’ve also found more than ample mushrooms, but I know nothing about them, so I’ve left them where they grow.”

He smiles, clearly feeling accomplished with all of his wandering and exploring.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Syd smiles to Rex listening to his news, tucking a strand of blue hair that may or may not be showing its roots behind her ear. "If you want to show me the crystals and stones, I can help identify the mushrooms."

(4 Apperance Traits)

Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Brennus glances over to catch Caroline's with a droll, tired expression.

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"I've got an interest in the stones as well," Caiolynn pipes up.  "I picked up gem carving a long, long time ago, and should brush it up.." She frowns. "That idiom didn't sound right. Brush it up? Brush up it. no.... Ah! Brush up on it. I should brush up on that skill. It could be lucrative for us."

Back to topPage bottom

Rex nods in approval of both. “Sounds good to me. After we’re done here we could head upstream. There’s a spot where some trees just flopped over, and have tons of different mushrooms. It’s near where I found some geodes and little stones of different crystals. Some of the wood is still good, so maybe it would help with the stones? I need to gather some of the poplar bark anyways. It makes good rope.”

He tilts his head, thinking. “At least, that’s what the Adren from the Children of Gaia was telling me. Very shy, that one. Had no idea why I wanted her to teach me to braid and knot. Might be a good ally to call up, now that I think of it. She didn’t have a mate before I got stuck in this time bubble, so negotiations could be-“

Rex looks up from his thoughts and flushes red under his tanned skin, looking embarrassed and unintentionally becoming a few degrees more sexually attractive to those with any interest. He runs a hand through his hair, not helping things at all, and laughs nervously. “Ah, nevermind, my thoughts wandered, I’ll just, uh, yeah.” And with that he pops a handful of wild berries into his mouth. Also not helping things, at all, for those attracted.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Sounds as if we have a plan or at least the start of one. If you all do not mind, I have more work to do now that I have slept."

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W

Back to topPage bottom

"I should go talk to Backlash. I have a lot of questions and he has a lot of those answers given his camp, we may be polar opposites when it comes to being Thurges but we seem to work pretty well together when he lets me bounce things off him." Syd said, her tone was quick like she was in a hurry to remove herself suddenly from the conversation and slightly flustered from the looks of it as she pushed herself to her feet brushing the grass from her pants.

"I'll come find people for crystal and mushroom hunting," She paused and sighed. "At some nebulous time that could be at really any point in time. So who knows. But I am sure we will find one another."

Back to topPage bottom

Rex seems to capitalize on the subject shift immediately, still a bit backwards. “I think I’ll try fishing in the meantime! I’ve always wanted to try it, and I don’t want to mess with mushrooms I know nothing about. I’ll go look around for fish and stuff to make a soup. I’m sure people will get hungry eventually and head back to the cooking spot! Seems good enough a place as any to wait! See you all at soup time!”

Without really waiting for responses he walks into the stream and heads up river. His ears are still red as he disappears from view.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML