Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 1

A New Howl On The Dock [Tag: ST Or Warder]
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post A New Howl On The Dock [Tag: ST Or Warder] 

"I know they said the fog would be dense, but seriously?" a calm, but mildly annoyed voice mumbled through the fog. A young woman got a small row boat up to the rickety dock. She looked to be a little tired, possibly stressed out as she looped a rope around the dock cleat. It was enough so the boat wouldn't get away, but it wasn't a pretty knot. She grabbed messenger bag to sling around her torso and a duffel bag almost twice that size and heaved herself onto the dock. It bobbed a little under her feet and she steadied herself as she waited for it to settle. "Let's not fall into the water as you're trying to meet new people, okay Michelle?" she laughed quietly to herself.

She looked around cautiously, making sure that she was alone on the dock and nothing would record her. Her darker-than-honey eyes closed as she took a deep breath, drawing in her in concentration and will. Her clothing grew tighter around her form and her features became more bestial as she shifted into her glabro form. She took a deep breath and let loose her howl, "I am Michelle Hollenbach, known as "Calm Center", Ragabash, Homid, Cliath. I've come looking for a more permanent home." Once through her introduction, she immediately falls back into her homed form and gives herself a little shake to get rid of the last tingles of the change.

((OOC: Edited to make sure my signature was attached, sorry.))

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Michelle Hollenbach Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A New Howl On The Dock 

A tall Italian woman with dark hair and eyes arrives shortly after the howl. She smiles to the newcomer, "Welcome, I'm Allie. Someone will be along shortly to cleanse you and talk further. I can offer refreshment in the meantime."

Allie Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Nice to meet you, Allie," she smiles warmly up at her. When Allie offers refreshment, Michelle visibly perks up. "If you have some water or something, that would be wonderful. I forgot to grab anything to drink before I headed out this morning," she seems to laugh at herself a little. "I was a bit nervous making a trek like this on my own. Never had to do this before."

Back to topPage bottom

Allie grins and offers a waterskin and a carved wooden mug, "Sweet water we have in abundance here."

Back to topPage bottom

She takes the waterskin without much thought, but eyes the mug carefully. "Did you make this yourself?" Michelle asked as she poured herself a cupful. She took a long drink and finished with a great sigh of relief. "So, what do you do around here?"

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Back to topPage bottom

"Oh no, I'm not much of a craftsman. We keep some on hand for visitors though." She grins, "Around the sept I help out with whatever I can. As well as serving as Wyrmfoe. What brings you to our shores?"

Back to topPage bottom

Michelle almost his her head in a nod of respect to Allie. "Looking for someplace well hidden from the world to call home, to be honest. Everyone at the Nickel Buffalo was nice, but it seemed quieter out here," she spoke with a somewhat tired tone.  Another smile appeared on her lips, "So, how many call this sept home."

Back to topPage bottom

Allie chuckles, "Hard to tell sometimes between our travelers and the many visitors that stop by."

Back to topPage bottom

"Gotcha," she nods and smiles a little. Her eyes wander around, looking as though she doesn't quite feel comfortable. "So, um, my former alpha didn't quite fill me in on the hierarchy here. Who is in charge and whatnot?"

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: A New Howl On The Dock [Tag: ST Or Warder] 

"I am," says a man who appeares from the fogs behind Allie, though not unkindly.

[See Sig for description please, too little time atm.]

Zack takes a nice deep whiff, pulling in the scents and traces of travel and any taint on the new comer.

[Assuming he finds none]:

He offers her a hand in greeting, "Zack Weber, Adren, Shadow Lord, Philodox. [and all the other things down below, sorry, work soon].  What can we do for you Michelle?  We can chat whilst we wait for the Warder to arrive."

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

------------------------------------
Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Michelle all but jumps out of her skin at the voice behind her. She turns toward the voice, and the out stretched hand, trying to hide her surprise. "Well, I was told that this might be a good place to find a new home. The pack that brought me into the fold has since moved on," she takes his hand in a confident, but soft shake. Her smile is warm, but a little unsure of itself. With the better-than-average-senses of a werewolf, one would find that she smells faintly of brown sugar and coffee. "This is a new experience for me, so I apologize if there is something I've missed doing."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack chuckles some, "Hardly, Calm Center.  I wouldn't punish one so young as you," and she can likely tell it is less actual age, versus rank in the Nation through his mannerisms, "for minor indiscretions; were there to be any."

He stands back a bit, so as to give the newcomer her space.

[The scent deal above was a gift being used; is there any wyrm taint on you, other than what might be expected from travelling in general?]

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.

Back to topPage bottom

[None more than to be expected.]

"I appreciate that," she smiles as she seems to take a slightly more relaxed breathe. Her shoulders roll a little in an attempt to relax. "Sorry, I'm generally much less uptight than this. Guess all this mystical wolf stuff still has me on edge. Especially when people just appear from the most. I've seen horror movies before." Michelle chuckles a bit as she takes in more of her surroundings.

Back to topPage bottom

Zack smiles a bit, "Let's get you cleansed, and I can get permission of the Warder to bring you in and get you some food and drink while we talk," he says, as he pulls out a flask of what many might think is alcohol, but when he sprinkles some on you is definitely NOT alcohol, but what appears to be very clean, very pure, water, as well as some herbs and flowers, completing a Rite of Cleansing.

[I am going to just assume I get permission from the Warder to bring you on Sept; we can Red-Con this if not].

Permission being granted, he gives a follow me gesture farther into the island.  They take a winding path through the trees and foliage and end up at a campfire, with several logs that have obviously been used as seats for a long time.  The island itself feels safe and secure; any concerns and worries that might be part of Michelle likely beging to feel less severe, and more manageable.  

Zack gestures to the logs, and motions her and Allie to have a seat, while he grabs them some of the stew, and some water for now; serving himself last.  This might appear odd to many, but is customary in Zack's mannerisms that it is something that is not an affront to his Station, nor his Rank; even though both are higher than they.

"So Calm Center, what brings you to our Sept?  Is there some grand tale we should watch for, or do you simply desire to find a new home?"

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

"That would be wonderful," she sighs and stands still for the ritual.

Once they start making their way deeper into the sept territory, her shoulders seem to almost begin slouching. Her entire demeanor starts to change and she even stifles a small yawn at one point. She plops down on a log once they reach the sitting area, keeping her bags close.

Michelle eyes the stew as Zack hands her a bowl and water. She gives it a sniff and a small sound of approval. Just after she's tucked in and filled her mouth with a bite, she registers Zack's question. With a shy grin, she swallows her mouthful. "Honestly, I'm looking for a place to call my home. Someplace far from my mundane family so they don't visit. From what I've been gathering, this is not a lifestyle I really want them anywhere near. I was raised by a wandering pack and, while they were amazing garou, I'm not much for the travelling life."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack listens to her, and notices her tiredness.  "It is necessary, but we can speak more on it tomorrow.  I can lead you to somewhere that you can get some rest, and we can speak at dawn..." Zack smirks, "While we train."

Zack motions for her to get up [Allie, please feel free to chime in for things while we're moving], and follow again.

The make their way, the same way they came in, and come to another set of docks, and they take a rowboat accross the water some 150-200 feet and dock with another jetty.

Through the fog, there are some lights ahead, and as they near there are significantly more.  The arrival to the manse shows a well off house, basically a mansion, that he leads her into the back door, and through a small galley, and up the stairs; obviously meant to be a back stairway.

"Several of the sept stay here, so do not be alarmed by their presence tomorrow," he says, leading her to what she can only guess is a guest room; though it is still the size of any other house's master bedroom.  Complete with her own bathroom.  "There is food downstairs for breakfast; but I suggest you only have a small bit, as dawn comes with a workout.  We will discuss the idea of you making this your home then, after you've rested."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

She packs up and follows him. Her eyes travel warily around, "Um, I don't mean for this to sound like I'm trying to worm my way out of something, but I'm not really a fighter." Once the words leave her lips, they have managed to make their way to the mansion.

Her jaw drops as she follows Zack and Allie inside. Her eyes dart from side to side, taking in the surroundings. At a couple points, an observant person would catch her nostrils flaring, taking in as many scents as possible. She follows him to the guest room only half listening to his warning about others living there. "Wow, uh, thanks. I wasn't quite expecting," she pauses for a second as she eyes the room. "I'm pretty sure this is the size of my last apartment. Like, the whole things. Are there any specific house rules I should be aware of? Like, don't touch the tupperware with the purple lids or something?" She turns to face him. When she does, she looks him in the eye for a split second and catches herself. Her gaze lowers to the floor for a couple seconds and then raises back up to focus on, presumably, the collar of Zack's shirt.

Back to topPage bottom

Zack shakes his head, "None that shouldn't come naturally.  As for not being a fighter, you are still young, and that will change with time.  We all fight; at least in our own way.  If yours is something different than physically swinging a bat or a sword, or what have you; then we'll find out.  Yet even still, you will need to know how to defend yourself from attack; I would assume you have the basics down after passing your Rite of Passage, at the least."

Zack motions toward the room; "Rest for the night, and I'll be back in the morning and we can discuss more things then, but also see where you stand in your training."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

"I look forward to improving my skills," she smiles and nods her head a little in a show of respect as she steps into the room past him. "Good night, sir." With that, she turns and gently closes the door to the bedroom.

Back to topPage bottom

Zack heads back to the island.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

(Just catching up now))
Allie follows the group with a pleasant smile, chuckling to herself during the comment about people appearing from the mist. "I find it's scarier when you hear them long before you see them."

Before she follows Zack out, she gives the newcomer an appraising look. She has a thoughtful look before turning back to Zack. "Sydney would make a great training partner for her."

Back to topPage bottom

"Good idea, can you give Sydney a request to be there tomorrow morning for me?"

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

"Of course"

Back to topPage bottom

"Excellent, I'll see you then."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML