Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Dinner With Titans (tag Ryan, Lee, Any Others Are Welcome)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Dinner With Titans (tag Ryan, Lee, Any Others Are Welcome) 

Bjorn leads Ryan to the meeting circle [description is on forums].

[Assuming food is already prepared.]

Bjorn initiates small talk.

"So, tell me how you have been."

Carries_the_Weight Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Dinner With Titans (tag Ryan, Lee, Any Others Are Welcome) 

Ryan admires the sept as they walk

"Ohh pretty good.  Had a little fireworks celebration for Bhivadesh's athro challenge, my portable hologram emitters are coming along well. My daughter says the *snickers* damnedest things when mommy isn't around."

*minds his wrist a moment and flexes it*

"Dealing with a power gap in the tribe right now.  People apparently "knew" i was going to be the next in charge and were happy with it....or seemed that way.  Surprise surprise 3 months later and most people vanish off the grid and don't report in to the regional boss.  Nothing really I wasn't expecting...yet I hoped it wouldn't have...ya know??"

Ryan Williams Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Bjorn nods and listens.

"I don't know how things are amongst the Glasswalkers but I have been a tribal leader since shortly after I made athro. The Get come to me when they need assistance. Otherwise, I expect them to be strong enough to handle their business."

Back to topPage bottom

"Well that's kind of where I am at.  A leader for the midwest and People don't want to talk.  Tribe of technology and advancements....doesn't communicate....go figure. I got this position just before Ozzy...died."
*shakes his head*
"So a boy??....lemme meet the misses and your son.  Probably just like his daddy."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack comes back with Lee in tow, them both talking about random things, like visitors who his father knows.

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

------------------------------------
Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lee follows Zack, and when he sees Bjorn he walks up to him and punches him in the arm playfully

"Hey pops.  What's up."

He will look at Ryan and nod.  It seems like he's waiting to be introduced.

(See signature for physical description)

Lee Bjornsen Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Ryan looks to Lee for a moment then to Bjorn with a grin

"Lol...he has his father's build I'll give him that. Is he as good a fighter as well?"
Ryan puts his forearm out to greet Lee
"Hey,
Ryan Williams "Titan's Rebirth "
Glasswalker Philodox Adren Homid
Alpha Philodox of Nine springs
Beta of Firescale pack.

Back to topPage bottom

At the appropriate time Bjorn punches Lee back. More of an impact push then actually trying to inflict damage. "Hey boy." He then tussles his hair.

To Zack, there is a quiet thank you communicated through body language.

To Ryan, "well, that took a bit of work. He was a scrawny thing when I first adopted him." Bjorn gestures playfully at Lee, poking him here and there. "Helga may join us soon." [If an AJ wants to. :)]

Back to topPage bottom

Zack gives a very slight nod, and goes to grab some grub, and watches the interactions.

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lee smiles slightly at Bjorn and takes the punch as best he can.

He will clasp Ryan on the forearm in a traditional way.

"It's nice to me you, Titan's Rebirth ryha."

Back to topPage bottom

He would look to Lee and shake his head with a grin

"I'm a guest here...and YOU don't have to call me ryah.  Ryan is just fine."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods.

"Will do, Ryan."

Lee seems to be waiting for everyone to get food before he gets his.

Back to topPage bottom

Ryan will sit down and grab some food after a nod from Bjorn.

Back to topPage bottom

Bjorn smiles and gets food after Zack has gotten some.

"Lee, you had questions about the Glasswalker tribe. Well, ask away. I'm sure Titan's Rebirth, anrae wouldn't mind talking about himself." He says as an obvious jest.

Back to topPage bottom

Once everyone has their food, Lee will get some, then sit near Ryan.

"I was looking to learn what I can about your tribe.  There's a possibility I might become a Glasswalker, so I want to be prepared.  What would you tell a cub of your tribe?"

Back to topPage bottom

Ryan looks a little surprised at Lee

"There's a chance??  you have a glasswalker in your family line??  I assume this was found out through the heritage rite??

*clears his throat and scratches his head*
"Well, umm...let's start with what skill set are you most proficient with? I would assume you would be a capable fighter as Bjorn is your Father. Once you feel you can split your time then learn......as much as you can.  Be the damp sponge to the nation and absorb everything."
*seems a little lost for words*

"Here, lets use me as an example and see if it helps. I was out east for most of my life as a kinfolk.  Doing the normal day to day shit for the tribe.  When I was assigned to Wisconsin for Bruce Wycliff to be my direct ryah, I knew how to be the on the streets kinfolk.  Blend in and be the scout, disguise myself to be that cop who knows "a special unit is coming".  I was excellent at tracking and observing....annd a hefty sway over the human world also made me a sought after candidate for field work with the nation."
*takes a drink*
"That doesn't have to be you at all. I know each tribe teaches their kin and cubs differently but I knew about the nation enough that if i wanted my name to live on I had to make one for myself.  I started going on missions with garou as soon as I was allowed by the alpha....and maybe a couple I shouldn't have. It turned out that be being there watching overhead saved many lives."
  Learn as much as you can before your rite of passage. Learn from every auspice who is willing to teach you something.  Well most garou SHOULD be willing to teach you regardless but ultimately, as you know it's your den parents call. Your very fortunate to have your family here to teach you. When I went through my first change, I lost Every memory I had.  I knew what skills I had but didn't know why or how to use them....it's a little tricky there but ultimately I had to have my mind reset in a way by my Pack alpha through Dreamspeak if you know what that is.  Many weeks were spent repairing the damage that was done."
*catches himself rambling*

"sorry.  Back to you, I'm sure your father has told you that your rite of passage will test everything you have learned to this point to a degree. You need to make sure that you feel confident that you are ready AND your den parent feels you are ready.  Going off half cocked assuming you know enough and want glory and rank will get you killed.  I can promise you.  Your father wouldn't approve of Fenrir cubs doing that and I sure as hell wouldn't take that shit from my tribal cubs.  Learn ...learn...practice..repeat. I put myself through all these trials that you will be facing as a kinfolk because I wanted to impress the nation. I knew the dangers and was talked to several times before each mission of how fragile we are as humans.  You have the benefit of doing this all with the wolf inside you now.  Your tribe all around you and learning on a caern."

*he looks around in his bag for a moment and sets it down*

"What tribe do you feel you more closely feel a connection to should be my first question. Do you feel any pull in a direction or another??"
"Being a glasswalker...should it happen, isn't all cybertech and crazy guns...despite what people......what have people told you about my tribe??  Let's start there."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee remains silent, observing all that is told to him.

"Well, I'm not sure if I'm related to a Glasswalker or not.  My blood family, from what I'm aware, were Striders."  He says that with disdain.  

"I'm not really drawn to that tribe.  I don't really feel it in me.  I feel the pull, honestly..."  He looks to everyone there.  "To the Fenrir, Shadow Lords, Glasswalkers, and Uktena.  Though, Uktena is mostly because I have a knack for the occult.  As far as your tribe, I don't really know much besides that you all have your fingers on the pulse of the city and the weaver.  I'm glad to hear it's not all cyber tech and techno music."

Back to topPage bottom

Ryan wipes his hands clearly getting a bit excited.
" well, we have that.....just not everyone is a dedicated raver.  Nor should they be.  I make some pretty impressive tech of I do say so myself. I do mostly weapons, gear, and human level tech.  My whole focus since kinfolk was to match tribe tech without having to make it a fetish. I have a 30 foot mech suit at my factory in pieces right now. There are some final hoops I need to jump through for that.  Anyway,.....your father has seen most of my gear in action.  My crowning achievement was a muscle/armor suit that I could wear into battle so I could stand side by side with garou.  Body armor only can do so much. Hell, it was how I got my deed name when it exploded as I changed. I want thinkers for garou.  Warriors we have by the truckload. If there isn't new minds to advance the machines and weapons for the future, then we will be fighting the future enemy with primitive blades that do nothing. Now granted I've seen some blades...wiiith the proper Spirit deal as much damage as any of my weapons. Theurges in our tribe are probably one of the most creative thinkers we have."
" and yes....I do occasionally like to put on some industrial music and rave a bit but it's a good cardio workout and helps me think."

" you like the Occult, that's valuable as hell.  I don't know much about it. I went more science myself. Your knowledge will be invaluable when you need to deal with other supernatural beings. You will have that little edge on your peers."

"You mentioned cybertech,....oh well have it.  I have a couple minor pieces in me due to injury complications."

Ryan would show his arm focusing on the black line as he touches it.

" This is a neural implant that helped me better integrate and use my suit in battle.  Think of it like force feedback in a controller for a game."

Back to topPage bottom

*Ryan would draw the  GW tribe symbol on a piece of paper and slide it to Lee*

"you have seen this symbol before yes? Do you know why there are 4 lines and what they represent? This is a very important part of the evolution of our tribe."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee begins to lean in, becoming more and more into the conversation as time goes on.  When he is shown the symbol, he shakes his head.

"I don't know anything about your tribal glyph.  I mean, it looks like a building, but I could just be seeing things.  What you said, about being a thinker.  That's the kind of ahroun I want to be.  I have no problem being on the front line, and I'm not afraid to fight, I just think a warrior needs to be well rounded."

Back to topPage bottom

Quirks an eyebrow
"So...you know your an Ahroun??  Well that's one question answered. Yes, a well rounded fighter you should be..and you already appear to show great signs of being a open minded student."

*back to the tribe symbol*

"This isn't....well...yes and no. It can be seen as a growing building. It's actually the 4 evolution's we went through as a tribe.  How we grew throughout the ages.  Yes it can easily symbolize that but there is a deeper truth that we can get into later if you do become one of us. Typically, yes the symbolism resembles that of a growing building though.

*he turns it to the side*
"now it looks more like train tracks right? It's also meant to symbolize the path we had to walk to become who we are today. As I said, more detailed history can be gotten into later. I will tell you this though. Each "level" of the building was symbolic with the evolution of us as a species and mankind's evolution as well."

"does this help at all?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods.  "I understand.  This does help, thank you.  So, technological advances in humanity makes your tribe evolve? "

Back to topPage bottom

Ryan tilts his head a couple times trying to decide.

" it was more where society, the tribe and the garou nation were at the time as well.  Many factors caused the changes."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods.  "What can you tell me about cockroach?"

Back to topPage bottom

"Cockroach is probably the most powerful and versatile totem within he tribe.  A totem of war, by it's very nature a survivor, wisdom when it comes to technology. He isn't seen as anything else by most tribes ...present company excluded *quick look to the assembled guests to clarify* as a mid level war totem.  Roach is very powerful...much like fenris...when you know his strengths and what he is capable of. I have have personally followed him since I was able to see spirits.  I gave favor to fire drake as a kinfolk primarily because I was accepted into a pack as a kinfolk which is rare.  Not unheard of...but rare enough. "

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML