Checking Out The Caern

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ash
Subject: Checking Out The Caern
Ash wanders around the Caern grounds with his hands in his pockets, seeing what there is to see. He stops and leans on a tree, pulling a joint out of one of his leg pockets. He whistles and a softball sized ball of fire which sort of looks like it has a shirt with a popped collar on appears above his left shoulder.

"Gimme a light, pal?" The spirit makes a crackling sound before reaching out and touching the paper. Both the garou and the spirit seem to take a hit before they both let out a puff of smoke. The elemental makes another happy crackling sound and Ash laughs before the spirit slips back into the Umbra.

Ash takes another hit as he surveys his surroundings with a grin. "Not a bad place so far." He looks up at the trees, mischief in the Ragabash's eyes. "Wonder how tall that tree is...Bet I could do a wicked back flip off that branch..."

Subject: Re: Checking Out The Caern
"Well you likely could, I mean if you didn't make the landing the snow would certainly break your fall...a little but not by much." Syd said as she walked up behind Ash with a smile on her face, blue hair hidden mostly under one of the slouchy beanie caps underestimating how damn cold it was for a haircut like the one she had now. Wrapped up in a long black coat she also had the hood pulled up but was clearly wearing leggings and shorts under the jacket with her combat boots. The cold was well cold to her but she seemed to have a decent handle of it.

Profile PM  
Contranym
Nym lopes up in lupus when she catches a whiff of the joint. She looks up to greet the new guy, canines flashing as a grin breaks her face. "Hello friend," she says casually, eyeing the joint. "Pleased to make your acquaintance. How's things, Sydney?"

Last edited by Guest on Wed 02 Mar, 2016 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Ash
Ash smirks at Syd, offerring her the joint. "The snow would break the fall just fine. Might break an arm, but those heal." He looks down at Nym with a raised eyebrow. "Hello there, my lupus friend. Care to shift and join us?"

Contranym
Nym shifts to homid and nods her willingness to share the joint with a smile of gratitude, but will wait for Syd to accept or decline before taking a hit herself. She eyes the tattoos adorning the man's knuckles, "Lone wolf huh? There are people here with opinions on such things, heh. S'not a sentiment typically associated with Fianna either. Not judging, been alone more than not myself."

"Things are going alright Nym, how about you?" Syd looks at Ash for a second and then eagerly takes the joint before taking a hit from it and then hands it to Nym. She seems happy to stand back a bit and let the two get to know one another but still participate in the conversation.

Profile PM  
Contranym
Nym looks happy to see Syd partake and takes a deep practiced hit when it is offered. She passes the joint back to the new guy. "Things have been well enough. Bit weird, but this right here is very nice," she says with a smile.

Ash
"Felt like I been alone most of my life. My family have never been my biggest fans. I wasn't supposed to change, so calling myself a lone wolf had a different meaning when I got these. Not that far off still, though." He takes a hit and passes it back to Syd.

Syd listened to him, taking the offered joint again and enjoying another hit. Passing it back to Nym, "Well least you have your cousin now. Who save for the tattoos and pericings seems to like ya."

Profile PM  
Contranym
Nym accepts and hits as well, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity. "Weren't supposed to change? Cousin?"

Ash
"Eve is my cousin. I was just supposed to be a kinfolk. The rite said I wasn't destined to shift."

Zack's form is seen walking from the cabins towards the training area, passing by the meeting; available to for chats if any need it.

[ :) ]

Profile PM  
Contranym
Nym's eyebrows shoot up, "Humans and homids have a Rite for that? Good grief. I mean I can see the appeal of knowing, but I'm also grateful I just got to live my wolf life for as long as I did without anything more than my day to day hanging over my head." Spotting Zack she'll wave the joint at him, "Heyyy you want in?!" Then suddenly realizing she'll turn sheepishly to Ash, "Sorry for just handing out your stuff like that. I can hit you back any time though." Nym grins, "I got a knack for getting along with the right college kids."

Last edited by Guest on Sun 06 Mar, 2016 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Zack sees the wave and heads over, declining the joint, smiling, "Too many years as a cop for me to want to do it now, thanks though," he says when offered.

"How're you all gettin along?"

Profile PM  
Syd can't help a small smirk at the offering Zack the joint as well, the whole situation just amusing her slightly. She takes a moment to adjust her headwear and snuggle more into the collar of her jacket.

Profile PM  
Ash
"Aye. Don't know the rite myself, but they can do it and tell if you're going to change." He smiles at Nym. "No worries. I got plenty to share. Never go anywhere unprepared to deal with drug users. I don't carry super heavy drugs like Opium-laced-Meth, but I've got a bunch of others." He turns to Zack. "Things are going well. The ladies and I seem to be getting along just fine. Not sure Yuri likes me, though. Think we're a little too different for the Shadow Lord's liking."

"Agreed, even he and I might be quite different, but needs may."

Profile PM  
Ash
"So, you're alpha here, right? What can you tell me about your Caern and its totem and what not? I'll likely be sticking around at least for a while, so I might as well get to know the lay of the land."

[You had to ask for a description right before I goto work.. assume general things given, defenses of course left out, etc.]

Profile PM  
Contranym
((butbutbut Nym could totally use this talk as she hasn't had it. and if she should have by now, me the player also has not had this talk >.> all I know is healing sept and water dragon ladies and that's literally it))

[LOL, I fully intend to, I just am at work still.]

Profile PM  
Ash
((*Bump*))

[Sorry guys, if I get a few down minutes at work tonight I'll reply well.]

[Edits as I'm able to get some spare time between kids being dumb...]

"Certainly," Zack says, motioning those that would like the information to follow him.

Moving throughout the Sept Zack makes notes on several locations:

"If you have any specific questions throughout the little tour and discussion, please let me know..."

"First, we have the Island itself. She is isolated by the nearly everpresent fog that covers much of the river around us, hiding many of our more supernatural abilities from casual observation. I would suggest that you power down any technology that you have before entering, as trying to use it will often fry the circuitry.

"Mother's Island is reached in the real by swimming, a row boat, or other form of transportation over water that does not rely on technology. We have a dock that is typically made for the rowboats but currently houses a houseboat which we use to house any cubs. Sees-her-foes-Rhya, is our current Den parent, with myself as her Beta in that regard. Please refrain from any actual training, and taking them from the island proper without permission from either of us.

"Currently, the docks are where we greet guests to the Sept, but that is likely to change soon," Zack says mysteriously for those that have been here for a time.

Moving along they come to a generic meeting area, with fire pit, and a lively fire spirit, "We meet here for general chitchat, and the like, to catch up and interact with visitors unless they have a specific need. Next we have the training grounds where we, as it might be, train. There are things ongoing daily, and we have a fairly well worn track around the island that assists in endurance issues."

Zack continues on to a 100x200 meter open ground area, "We use this as the challenge area," he says, not feeling a need to expand on the idea.

On to the east side of the island they come to a set of several shrines, "Here we have many shrines. I do not believe we have any tribal totem missing, though I could be mistaken, I'll need to talk with Yiya-teh," he says thoughtfully.

Moving along they come to an actual wall, which has the appearance of something that listens, and they can tell if they were to listen well enough, stories can be heard.

"We have next, the cabins in which Sept officials have offices, and we maintain several guest cabins. This also, is likely to be changing," he says, pointing towards two specific ones, "The first is my cabin. If I am not reachable on sept I will likely be there. The other is the Wyrmfoe's office. Feel free to request items of interest from him that you can accomplish, or approach him with information."

They walk near the Wellhouse, but not too near, "Our wellhouse here holds the Caern haert, and is frequented by our totem: Iasis. She is quite capable, and many who come to us tell of a calming of their inner beast and issues, feeling rejuvinated, often. We ARE a sept of healing after all. We take the care of the waters surrounding the lands here seriously, and have recently set back a frakking operation a great deal of time, and are working on one Hive of BSDs, a relationship, of sorts, with the local Fey. We have a bit of an issue with balance being a thing here, cold replaced by warm, garbage piling and being collected, as well as some visiting Greek gods it would appear. All of these are being worked on and handled as we are able to do so, but we have less members that I would like for the amount of area we are required to cover."

Moving the group to the western side of the island, there is a manse visible, barely, across the water. "Our bawn extends across the water here, and includes the house over there. Technologies will work on that part of the Sept."

Zack takes a turn, looking at each of them, "Any questions or comments?"

Profile PM  
Contranym
Nym has been listening with interest, "Can you speak more on Iasis?"

Zack smiles a bit, "I certainly could, though any Sept member is able to have discourse with her if they request it. I can pass along a request, but for the most part, if you ask, she will answer," he says, waiting for her to ask a more specific question.

Profile PM  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2