Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cub Lessons [Tag: Dargo And Lee, Y If She Wants To Be There Also]
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Cub Lessons [Tag: Dargo And Lee, Y If She Wants To Be There Also] 

Zack arrives in the morning before the others wake.  He is sitting in the front room as he has before, sipping some coffee, waiting for the others to either return from their morning rituals, or wake.

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

------------------------------------
Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Cub Lessons [Tag: Dargo And Lee, Y If She Wants To Be There Also] 

Lee comes in the front door in lupis.  He shakes the snow(if it's snowing) off his fur before coming in and slowly shifts to homid.  He quickly grabs some clothes he left near the door and gets dressed.  When he sees Zack, he nods then heads to the kitchen.  He makes himself some coffee then sits near Zack.

"Good morning, Sacrificed for the Truth-ryha.  Sorry if I kept you waiting, I was greeting the sun then doing some running in lupis."

Lee Bjornsen Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"No need to apologize for doing the correct thing Lee.  It is good to see you taking your Rituals seriously.  Once Dargo joins us, I'd like to go over what has been learned and what you both believe is your next step.  This step can include anything from Tribal information, to various forms of combat; to more history of the Garou.  That latter will be particularly useful for Dargo, but you've been surrounded by it for a long while, and I may have you work on other items with other sept members while that occurs," Zack says.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.

Back to topPage bottom

Lee sips his coffee

"Sounds good to me.  I've been looking forward to getting some information about the tribes.  I have a few specific ones that I favor, and I know basic common knowledge about the tribes.  I'm looking for guidance one which path to take.  Also, are there any ahrouns on sept that aren't Dargo and myself?"

Back to topPage bottom

Zack shakes his head, "One recently left for some wandering, and another moved away some months ago.  So, while no; there are several that I can call on for lessons and aid in specific auspicial duties and skills.  As for straight fighting there are plenty of those here available; your Father for one, whom I would assume would be happy to thump you a bit," Zack says smiling, "As well as Yiya-teh-Rhya herself; and I."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods

"I trust your judgement on this.  I feel confident that I can find very capable combat training partners here.  I'm more curious about what it's like living as an ahroun.  I understand it, fundamentally, but I'd definitely like to meet with an ahroun you trust and learn a little from them."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods, "I can certainly arrange that, and I'm sure Yiya-teh-Rhya has several she trusts also."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Dargo walks into the room sleep still on his face he sees Zack-ryha and Lee. He gives them a nod than walks to get coffee. He sits on the floor in a relaxed position arm locking in and out.
"Good morning Zack-ryha good morning Zack. Whats on today's agenda?"

Dargo winchester Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"First things first, the Rhya suffix is to be used with some more formality; deed names. There's no need to use it if you're going to call me Zack; which I am fine with when we're doing lessons and such," he looks towards Lee, "Same thing applies to you Lee."

Zack lets Dargo sit and get some wakefulness into his demeanor before continuing.  

"i want to hear what lessons have been done so far for both of you, so that we may continue them in a logical manner.  I'd also like to know what lessons you feel you are both lacking, so we can move in that direction as well."

[It's been a long holiday season, so let's get caught up :) ]

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Dargo Sits down and take a couple of sips of his coffee.
"Thank you Zack I will keep that in mind. I have done some fighting and got wooped. And litany that's about it. I would like to know more about our history and changing forms."

Back to topPage bottom

[Sorry that took so long, here's the brief history:]

“I’ll give you the history of the Garou as it is passed down; if there are any terms you don’t know of, or wish more clarification on, don’t hesitate to ask.  “

“According to the Garou oral history, it was always our duty to keep the balance within nature on behalf of Gaia. They did so by culling overgrown populations, hunting powerful predators that otherwise would rampage unchecked, and fending off otherwordly spirits that overstepped their existance. “
“In addition we believe in the existence of the Triat, a trio of deities that define how the world works:
•    the Weaver is the deity of order and scientific advancement,
•     the Wyld is the deity of creation, and chaos,
•    while the Wyrm was the deity of entropy and balance between order and chaos who destroyed that which ended the harmony.
At some point, the Weaver went mad by trying to bring the entirety of the Wyld's chaos into order and trapped the Wyrm in her Pattern Web, injuring it while also driving it to madness and making it seek out the destruction of the world of Gaia's creation.”

“The formation of nations and cities was the first radical change wrought on the Garou by humanity. The Garou prevented it by declaring a limited war upon humanity, a period known as the Impergium. During this time, Garou are credited with destroying large human cities, retarding the technological and scientific progress of the human race, and even imposing population caps upon the humans of any given area, killing and sometimes eating humans when they grew too numerous. Though the Impergium dates back to the Mythic Age before recorded history (occurring over a period of approximately 3,000 years between 13,000 and 10,000 years ago), humanity has retained an inborn fear of the Garou. Humans seeing Garou in their hybrid, or Crinos, form are usually struck with a condition known as Delirium, a state of panic and denial .”
      “That delirium has been largely responsible for modern humanity's disbelief of the existence of the Garou. Most humans who have suffered from Delirium either have very little memory of the incident that caused it or they rationalize it and remember an animal attack or the work of a psychopathic human. Subconsciously, however, the human may experience an aversion to wolves and other canids in general or to the particular Garou they witnessed. The memory loss or rationalization of events as well as the fact that the general public is unaware of werewolf existence is called The Veil.  This is not to be confused with the mystical barrier between material and spiritual world called The Gauntlet.”
“Following the end of the Impergium, the Garou maintained an active but subtle role in the direction of humanity through the Industrial Revolution and to the present. During such time the Garou waged war with the other Fera, dramatically reducing the numbers of the other shifters as well as completely destroying at least two Fera breeds, the Apis were-bulls, and Grondr were-boars; this time is known as the War of Rage. The War of Rage lasted approximately another 3,000 years after the end of the Impergium, and the Garou claim that it was started when the Gurahl, were-bears, refused their duty to teach the Garou a powerful rite.”
      “During the period of the "taming of the West" in America in the 1700-1800s, the Garou engaged in a second War of Rage against not just the Fera of the New World, but against their own brethren, the Native American tribes of Garou, who call themselves the Pure Ones.   In this war, the Garou exterminated the Camazotz were-bats and drove their totem, Bat, to madness and the service of the Wyrm. The careless progress of the European Garou, called Wyrmcomers by the Pure Ones, also severed the mystical bonds restraining a powerful bane, which are spirit servitors of the Wyrm. This bane captured and devoured a powerful servant of the Weaver, combining their essences and becoming the Storm-Eater. The Storm-Eater whipped the umbra of the West into a terrible frenzy resembling an earthly storm, gaining it the nickname "Storm Umbra," and further threatened to bring on an early Apocalypse. The Storm-Eater was eventually re-bound by the sacrifice of 13 Elder Garou and the execution of the Rite of Still Skies.”

“The overwhelming societal transformation of the Industrial Revolution weakened Gaia and pushed the Umbra away from terrestrial reality, giving it less influence over the world. This period was marked by the withdrawal and extinction of many spirit varieties, but also heralded the birth of new "urban" spirits, such as glass and electricity elementals. These changes were visible in the Umbral landscape, as sites associated with Gaia became fewer and weaker, while the Pattern Web of the Weaver and the corrupt influence of the Wyrm became more prominent.”
“As the defense of Gaia becomes more difficult, the Garou have found their tasks increasingly harder to perform. Once able to act as silent warriors and guides, many have been reduced to guerrilla tactics and monkeywrenching. These ill omens have led to a general consensus that an Apocalypse is nigh, in which a final desperate battle will be waged by all sides. In addition to discrete threats such as the Wyrm and its minions, Garou find themselves opposed to the faceless foe of general disinterest in Gaia. Environmental disasters and modern warfare have done considerable damage to Gaia in recent decades. This callousness is sometimes spread by the Wyrm itself, as best exemplified by the Pentex corporation, a global conglomerate dedicated to spreading the Wyrm's influence. The Garou themselves are a self-acknowledged dying race; the largest Gaian tribes number 750-1,250 Garou worldwide, with the smaller tribes numbering less than 500. The wyrm-serving Black Spiral Dancers comprise fully one-tenth of the total Garou population and are the largest single tribe.”
“We are a dying breed, and while every one of us matter, there is a long standing set of values, the Litanies that you heard spoken of your first night, which will still see Punishments handed out, which hinder the growth of the Nation as a whole, to keep the traditions alive.
“Questions,” Zack asks.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Dargo puts his pointer knuckle to his lips and thinks for a second than looks up. "So we have a verbal history of over 10,000 years, we have caused the genocide of multiple shifters either because of our rage or because of their conection with the wyrm. We are a dying species and a lot of gaia's spirits are gone but some new ones are here because of humans. I have heard the term glass walkers is that what the Glass spirit you where talking about"

Back to topPage bottom

Lee sips his coffee and listens intently to what Zack and Dargo say.  He remains silent throughout this.

Back to topPage bottom

"Glass Walkers are a Tribe.  But those Garou that come from and dwell largely within the cities are they."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee looks to Zack.

"I haven't been around many Glasswalkers.  Do they all have to be extremely technology oriented?  Or, can one be in the tribe and focus more on other things."

Back to topPage bottom

"They are as focused as they choose to be really.  While I am able to focus easily on manners to glean information, and find a weakness in an enemy, Glasswalkers are innately better with technology and the spirits that reside within them."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee looks into his coffee and thinks.

"Their warriors.  Are they strong and glorious?"

Back to topPage bottom

"All our warriors have that aptitude Lee.  A Warrior is what they make of it; as our fights are multi faceted in the current setting, the current era.  Where do you see yourself falling into place as a warrior?"

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee shrugs.

"It might vary slightly depending on which tribe I become a part of, but basically take on the role of protector, tactician, and vanguard.  I plan on upholding honor in what I do, but not forgetting wisdom and glory.  I've always viewed ahroun as being more versatile than many give them credit for.  I just...have seen some poor ahroun in the past.  That's why I ask about the warriors of the Glasswalkers."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods, "I understand.  Ahroun do not have to be the mindless charging into battle Garou that many see them as.   There is a great deal of tactics and items like that that can be learned.  We have Galliards for this reason also, but when things are being executed, it is the Ahroun which will be at the forefront of it."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods.  It starts to become obvious that his curiosity is making him open up more to overs.

"I was curious.  I'm not sure how much you can tell me, but I wanted to know more about your tribe.  As in, what's expected of an ahroun shadowlord?  What's it like living as one?  Do you think, if I was chosen, I would be a good fit for your tribe?"

Back to topPage bottom

"The Shadow Lords have many aspects, most of which I can't go too far in depth into.  That alone should show some of how close knit we are.  I could request the presence of one of our Ahroun, and they could explain more.  Being a Judge my interaction with others is sometimes restrained, especially on their parts.  As for what it's like living as an Ahroun SL, I couldn't say," he says, smiling, "I'm not one."

"As for being a good fit, Grandfather Thunder chooses those who he believes will be useful and have a part to play within the tribe.  Knowing that Bjorn has adopted you, it is a major aspect in your favor; but what you show us now, during your cub hood," he says, obviously to both of them, "is what will define you, or get you killed."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Dargo tilts his head.
  "So the tribes pick you not the other way around?"

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods, "More accurately, the Tribe's Spiritual Totem picks you.  The only real time you have a choice would be if multiple Totems decided you were someone they wanted."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee nods. "That's why I suggest to ask as many questions as you can about the tribes.  They'll tell you as much as you need to know.  It can be a tough decision."

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML