Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Cub Lessons [Tag: Dargo And Lee, Y If She Wants To Be There Also]
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Cub Lessons [Tag: Dargo And Lee, Y If She Wants To Be There Also] 

(keeping it to the same thread because the people/place/purpose is the same, just at a later time ;) )

A few days later, during a similar teaching session, there is a polite thumping pattern at the door, like a knock but at waist level and softer as if the person was wearing a glove or something with cushioning that softened their knock.

Ekaterina Lies-in-Wait Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Zack opens the door, greeting her, "Lies in Wait-Rhya, thank you for coming on such short notice.  Motioning her inside he introduces her to the cubs, Dargo and Lee.

"Lee and Dargo, this is Lies in Wait-Rhya, Lupus, Shadow Lord, Ahroun, Athro.  She is here to assist with the training, especially as you both had questions pertaining towards fulfulling the duties of an Ahroun."

Pure Breed x2

Alpha of the Sept of Slaked Thirsts
Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

------------------------------------
Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.
- Life is the future, not the past.

Zack Weber Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait is seen in her lupus breed form, she nods in gratitude to Zack, intentionally brushing herself from nose to shoulder along him as she comes inside.

She breathes in deeply taking in the scents of the room, lowers her tail to about half height, and finds a spot to sit within view of the cubs and her tribe mate.

So far, she seems content to remain silent. There is recognition in her gaze for Lee, but she did not approach at this time to share scent as she had taken the opportunity to do for Zack.

She nods in understanding while introductions are made; however, there is an air of formality as she continues to respect Zack ' s territory as Beta Den parent for this Sept.  Her body language translates that she is here to assist him as he goes about his instructions/lessons.

Physically, she is large for a female wolf, but nothing out of the ordinary for her breeding as a Shadow Lord. She has a number of large glyph tattoos about her chest, shoulders, and face (click on name link above to read more about them) and countless other small ones up her arms. The main oddity is her eyes---cornflower blue edged in gold, rather than the intimidating yellow her tribe is known for.

Overall, she seems confident and comfortable in her silence, but at least she continues to make small movements (a tail flick here, and swivel of an ear there) to express she is at ease, rather than the soldier's stance of attention. Her gaze wanders from the cubs to Zack to see how the lesson will begin.

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods to her gaze, "Gents, now is your chance to gain any information that you may have questions on regarding both an Ahroun, and," Zack looks towards Lee, "a Shadow Lord whom I hold in very high regard.  It is also a chance to obtain a perspective you will have in the Den Mother, Yiya-teh-Rhya, and how she may be going about lessons she feels are necessary."

Turning towards LiW Zack says, "We have done a bit of combat training, Litany lessons, and are soon to begin lessons on hunting, particularly in a pack setting.  Getting them comfortable in their Lupus forms, and communicating in that manner.  Yiya-teh-Rhya has begun their education regarding various Rites.  If you have any words of Wisdom for them as Ahroun, I would appreciate it very much, for as competent as I like to see myself, I am not an Ahroun, and can only teach what I know, and not what is intrinsic to your," he encompasses all three of them, "Auspice."

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:
A medium sized man Zack dresses in a simple business casual manner, dress shirt, a light overcoat and slacks with servicable boots. Under his shoulders he keeps two pistols in holsters, with ammunition on his belt. Those astue enough will notice a hilt sticking out from the left side of his back, concealed very well by the normal coat he wears. He has also gained a fluid way of walking, such as that he is almost stalking at most times.
- People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.

Back to topPage bottom

Lee stiffens a bit when Lies in Wait comes in.  He is silent while the two older Garou are talking, and speaks when it seems like his turn.

"Hello Lies in Wait ryha.  It's good to see you again.  How's everything at Forgotten Oaks?"

He reaches out his arm to share scent with her.

"I have lots of questions.  I'll wait to ask until after greetings."

(As with his description, Lee has changed a great deal since he last saw Lies in Wait.)

Lee Bjornsen Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

After Zack ' s recap, and Lee's introduction, Lies-in-Wait will approach Lee.

Given his differences since their last meeting, she seems to be inspecting him over again as if this was their first meeting. She gets in his personal space without touching, breathing in more deeply than normal to verify his scent and the scents on him that piece together his recent travels, habits, and some aspects of his current lifestyle. Her tail is much higher, waving only slightly as she continues, but assuming Lee remains still, she does not growl nor show aggression aside from her dominant body language.

Once done, she chuffs air in a more friendly manner, clearing her airway while communicating a sense of welcome/greeting, but still not finishing with a sharing of scent.

(Is Lee standing or sitting? And is he doing anything after/while she is inspecting him?)

Back to topPage bottom

Lee remains still during the inspection.  He looks to be thinking of something, then concentrates and slowly shifts down to lupus, shedding his clothes.  Once there, he shows submission and shares scent, though he is a bit clumsy and unpracticed at it.

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait gives Lee a pace's worth of space as he shifts to lupus.  When he lifts a forepaw to share scent, she seems to allow it, but easily does a manuever and push with her head to step forward and roll him onto his back. Her tail still waving, she nudges him lightly as if testing his reactions, but partially still testing his scent to note differences while Lee is now in wolf shape.

She ends her observations with her teeth on his throat, letting the cub learn the sensation of fangs to flesh without the pressure to puncture. If he makes the proper submissive sounds she will end the lesson sooner, if he simply remains still she will eventually let go and meet his eyes to verify he will look away. In either case, once done, she will share scent and nose him to roll him back over onto his feet.

After, she will walk over to Zack ' s right hand side, share scent with him again in passing, and shift up to her homid form. She is wearing her usual white trench coat and purple fedora. The most notable extra worn on her person is a sheathed grand klaive, it's hilt bearing the glyph of the Shadow Lord tribe. Adjusting said weapon to one side, she sits next to Zack as his guest / assistant.

"Many thanks to the Sept alpha and Beta Den parent to be permitted to this place to meet and teach others born of my shared auspice."

Towards Lee, "My Sept fares well. The Spring rite was successful and I recently aided in the delivery of over a dozen human children. Now many are indulging in Mardi Gras and other celebration before the start of Lent."

"I would care to begin by answering a few questions, and then I had some information to share in turn. What and how questions are asked will help inform me what you know, and what concerns you two may have---both of which will aid me in better communicating my chosen lessons afterwards."

Back to topPage bottom

Zack nods at the thanks, and let's her do her thing.

Pure Breed x2

Master of Challenges
Beta Den Parent

Physical Description:

Back to topPage bottom

Lee allows Lies in Wait to roll him over and he follows her instruction.  When fangs touch his throat, though, he tenses up and growls slightly, but then quickly stops and makes a submissive noise.  He also looks away to further show submission.  After that, he slowly shifts back to homid and quickly gets dressed again.  He looks slightly embarrassed.  When Lies in Wait speaks again, he will look to her.

"That's good to hear.  Mardi Gras was always fund.  How...um...how is Ellie doing?"

Back to topPage bottom

Lies-in-Wait looks toward Dargo as Lee gets dressed--part to observe how much he understood about the display of greeting, dominance, and submission in wolf form, or if further explanation was necessary. The other part was to respect Lee's continuing  adjustment to losing clothing in less private situations.

Once Lee is finished, Lies-in-Wait seems to tilt her head in thought, choosing her words with apparent care. "Emotions will district you from the lesson at hand. Show that you are a good student, and what I shall offer you concerning Ellie, in addition to verbal information, will follow suit in equal proportion."

She adjusts herself in her seated spot as if to physically move with her shift in thought and topic. Her body language conveys a teacher ready to begin class.

"If each of you were allowed three questions to better prepare you for life as a Cliath Ahroun of a tribe, what would they be?"

Back to topPage bottom

When Lee finishes dressing, he sits in front of LiW and nods, understanding what she says regarding emotion.

"I would ask what the most difficult thing abou living as an ahroun is.  Then, I would ask what role would be best for an ahroun during times of relative peace.  Finally, I'd ask what it was like for you as a cliath."

Back to topPage bottom

Lies in Wait will again pause in thought to think upon her words.

Then, she sighs as if she had been holding her breath the entire time, and with it lets go of any emotions such meditations had brought to her attention.

When she gets ready to open her mouth she stops, lets out another breath, and seems to think again. Her nose wrinkles and she huffs out air as if something displeased her.

"My answer to your first question is long, possibly upsetting, and it is not my intent to bore nor intimidate you. If I was to summarize my story's moral, it would be that I perceive life as difficult for everyone, not solely because of one aspect such as one's auspice."

"One major example of difficulty that I perceive and experience as an Ahroun is a lack of understanding of the auspice itself----by those of other auspices, and in ever increasing number, those also within our shared auspice. We are Spiritual Warriors, not sacrifices waiting and wishing to die one day in glorious battle."

"Secondly, I do not see our role as Ahroun to alter dependent upon times of War nor Peace. Our priorities and daily tasks likely differ, yes; however, our mission remains the same. To me, both times are like seasons of the year----changes in a natural cycle."

"As for myself, I had my first change sometime after my first year of life. By my second year, my cub hood had been completed. As a Cliath my view of the world was limited. My focus was absolute, and I challenged and dominated everyone of my rank and lower----and usually won. I was defeating Adren level threats without weapons, armor, spirits, nor items like fetishes. Failure was not tolerated---from allies nor from myself."

"I spoke very little, observed everything within my perception, and when I did desire to communicate, most of the time I needed my pack alpha to translate my thoughts so that others outside of our pack would not misunderstand."

"Unless I was ordered not to, I may as well have been my pack alpha's second shadow. I had no personal life, only Duty. I was packed the day I became a Cliath because the one dominant to me said it was what we were going to do----and as one under him I submitted unquestioningly."

"I constantly tested others for weakness despite rank----told allies what I saw thinking I was forcing them to overcome personal obstacles. My thoughts were as simple as understanding cause and effect, and nothing on a battlefield was excluded from being a potential advantage to be adapted into my tactics."

"To strengthen my sept, and to this day, I hold what I call "Ahroun's Training" sessions. No one is excluded from attending---even kinfolk---and no one ever challenged my ability to teach such lessons. Thus, I became renowned for my Wisdom and Honor----my tales of Glory developed more slowly as my methods often went unseen, and thus unsung. I did not pursue my Duty to be remembered in song, I did so because it was what I had been taught to be my life's purpose---to be one of Gaia's Warriors."

"Less than half a year since my rite of passage, I had challenged for the rank of Fostern. I followed my sept's totem, and my first personal totem was soon to arrive to claim me because she felt kinship to me and my methods. I was seeking role models to compare my power and prowess, and the one I had challenged for rank was the strongest Ahroun I was allowed to challenge on my sept."

"At this time, I was brought to the Sept of River's Might----the first time I had ever visited another sept. There I encountered many elders and those of higher rank. I observed, and from those observations I grew upset---enough so that I desired attempt to voice questions on my own to better understand what I was seeing."

"There is where I went to my first off sept auspice meeting----it was led by the Elder, now Legend Dire "Skin of Stone"-rhya: Fenrir, Lupus. He was the strongest I had seen, and others also visiting the sept had numerous stories about him."

"I voiced my questions to him when others mostly remained cowed and silent in his presence and during his teachings. I spoke with him after our visit as well, and gave my opinion of tactics on how to attack the Gary Hive ----in between my own questions and curiosities. In my mind, he became the Garou I was to measure my growth as an Ahroun, and he appeared encouraged by my willingness to grow and attempt to strengthen the Nation."

Lies in Wait shrugs. "I did not want to be him, and I did not copy his methods. I have since grown into my power as my own self; however, we are both Spiritual Warriors. As a Cliath, I had no understanding of how our destinies nor lives would continue to cross paths----but I am proud to have been his Ahroun student."

"Needless to say, my life has had major changes during each rank. I am unsure if there is a specific instance you were wondering about----or if you were just wanting to learn about general life as a Cliath? I do not consider my life to be what is typically expected, and when able, I seek to exceed expectations to encourage others to likewise train to become more capable and strong in pursuit of their own duties."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee remains silent throughout all this.  He will nod periodically.  After LiW is done, he will speak.

"For the living as a cliath question, I'm just more curious about what is expected as a cliath ahroun."

Back to topPage bottom

"My expectations for a Cliath is a severe decrease in guided teaching. Rather than sit and absorb facts and history, it is when a new Garou begins to more actively participate to create new history. A time to gain life experience and practice to form a foundation for more complex life lessons, many of which are felt or seen, rather than spoken or explained."

"I expect Fostern to be available to assist Cliath on their new life journey---as they were recently in the Cliath 's rank, they possess invaluable life experiences in recent memory."

"I expect Fostern to be comparable to an older sibling in some regard, one that a Cliath would feel more at ease asking their questions to to better adapt to life at their sept, within their tribe, or in general as one also learning to grow and better contribute to the Nation. Doing such also helps the Cliath practice asking more focused questions that higher ranks can answer more efficiently because they can understand other possible reasons such questions needed to be asked----perhaps provide additional Wisdom or training."

"For a Cliath Ahroun, I expect a large portion of time dedicated to training. No one method of combat is thought to be mastered at this point in time; however, at minimum, one should be able to fight physically in all forms, have ranged combat training with traditional as well as more human modern firearms, and additionally have the Wisdom to know which situation best requires which form of combat, if not an entirely seperate tactic."

"The Litany should remain followed, and the Renown Creeds should be the foundation of morality that one chooses to live by. I percieve that by doing this, the Ahroun from a young age live the life and change they want for the world---and by such inspiring actions encourage others to do the same."

"It is not by coincidence that Ahroun many times hold positions of leadership, both roles overlap in the duty of giving those we protect the beat chance of survival because of our tactical choices. Others choose other specialized roles to dedicate their lives to, but by no means would I demand a Cliath to choose such a life path immediately---such callings gain strength and focus as one grows."

"Still, we begin as Cliath Ahroun already training to fulfill a higher purpose. While other auspices specialize from the start to add to our unified strength, we focus ourselves without as much additional distractions."

"It is up to us to pay attention to our environment, our people, and adjust our tactical decisions for success."

"While the Theurge establishes relations with spirits, we ensure their offerings and promises are realistic without risking additional lives nor sacred ground. They need us to ground them in reality."

"While the Ragabash plays tricks, or gathers information, we watch to report when they lose sight of the Litany and show ignorance of the Renown creeds in favor of their personal agenda. They need us to remind them why we need them to teach by their actions---as they test and question our ways of life."

"While the Philodox end disputes and pass judgments, we hear the Wisdom and choice of their words. They need us to remind them of their spiritual health while observing constant negativity as a high authority."

"While the Galliards seek out their next story to sing, we incorporate the ones they have already sung to achieve ever greater victories. They need us to remind them of the reasons we await their tales, for the morals of the stories, not the individual renown that accompany it."

"While each of us practice our auspice role, we also are to observe ourselves and one another as Ahroun. With our physical strength and gifts we begin as Garou that can enforce our will. We need one another to communicate our duty, and disallow the temptation to abuse our power. This is practice for later in life as we must learn to master ourselves."

"I say we are Spiritual Warriors because we focus growth of the body and soul. Corruption of a Balanced Reality is our Enemy. It takes many forms, and would prefer us to destroy ourselves than risk any of its own troops."

"Those that live by Duty or Instinct alone are spiritually vulnerable because they do not establish a self identity to strengthen their soul. It is a reflection seen easily by the power structure of spirits within their realms."

She stops for a moment and redirects her thoughts. "However, this is an expansion of my perspective of an Ahroun ' s duties, not that specifically of an Ahroun Cliath. Of an Ahroun Cliath, I expect the start of discovery of what I have mentioned, and more. It is a time of learning from living their new life---not simply hearing about parts of it from the safety of a Den and the Parents that maintain their place of safety for their cubs."

Lies-in-Wait ends her speech there, again becoming receptive to further questions.

Back to topPage bottom

Lee makes a face that seems a mix of worry and thought.  He seems to follow everything that is said, and seems to understand.  He looks down at his feet and kicks at the ground a little bit before speaking.

"If I could ask another question, what does it mean to be a shadowlord ahroun?"

Back to topPage bottom

Her next response seems to take far less time for her to form her wording, as if a common thought in her own mind.

"To be a Shadowlord, failure is not tolerated. We are always raising our own expectations, and spending our life working to exceed those expectations."

"A personal example can be any of my challenges for rank, my last one for becoming Athro explicitly told to me by others to have been more difficult than most challenges to earn the rank of Elder."

"Power, however, is not in and of itself the goal, and Pride is always a sin to be avoided. There will always be something older, wiser, and stronger than us. The Shadow Lord tribe is required to understand this mentality because of the threats we face. We commonly thwart the Darkness in their own homes and realms of influence---where they thought themselves the safest. This requires great confidence to the point of enemies being unable to see any weakness to exploit, and other tribes focus training elsewhere and thus are at greater risk even attempting what we do."

"My tribe is like the outer defenses for the Nation. We support the Nation and challenge its membership to become better, stronger, and smarter for the good of Gaia. We show others their own flaws, or what greatness they themselves can one day achieve, so it can be done here at home now---not as a life or death revelation forced upon their minds on the battlefield when countless other lives are at risk."

"If I was to loosely use a human analogy, I would describe a Shadow Lord Ahroun as Batman cooperating with the other superheroes within the Justice League. We may not be the strongest, or even the leader---though we will take charge if others refuse to learn and grow themselves. We are the tacticians that prepare and adapt, and while doing so, the Enemy learns to fear us and those we support."

She waits in silence, but it is hard to tell if she was waiting for some reaction of being a Lupus having just made a comic book reference, or if she was simply letting her information sink in for more focused questions.

Back to topPage bottom
Zack listens too, ever gaining knowledge, especially from one he respects.

He can't help but grin with the comic referrence though.

Back to topPage bottom

Dargo Sits watching the interactions with LiW and Lee. waiting for a moment of silence he interjects.
" Hello Lies-in-wait Rhya. I am Dargo I am sorry I don't know much about the custom you and Lee performed but I thank you for coming and talking to us about being Ahroun. If i may ask my first question what is the thing we as Arhoun need to worry about the most like is their one flaw that others watch us for. As you said we watch the other auspices to remind/nudge or push them to remember their full potential and role. While Batman is awesome in his own aspects he is also looked at in a different light after he created plans to eliminate every person in the JLA. Is that how we should see the Shadow lords?"

Dargo winchester Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

To Dargo, "Greetings. What I did was test Lee's understanding of wolf instincts and etiquette.  He submitted to one of higher station properly, and I informed myself of how he has changed since the last time I had met him----from him and the additional scents upon his person."

"It was an important lesson to show you two---as those more in tune with instinct would not be as likely to react well to those that react incorrectly. Nor to those who show no knowledge on how to react. If you need clarification on what you saw, now is a good opportunity to ask for a Lupus perspective."

She tilts her head, "The most obvious flaw that can overtake an Ahroun is our Rage. Overindulgence and lack of understanding our Rage places ourselves and those we care for at risk. The same can apply to any Garou, we are simply the most to feel so much Rage in our youth while others choose to cultivate such a connection over time. It is an additional reason why cubs are separated from the general community for large portions of their general training."

"I am aware of the plans Batman made. I do not understand how this makes him seen differently than who he has always been. Such contingencies are useful should his Allies ever became corrupted or controlled by enemy forces."

"As for the Shadow Lord tribe, how many view us can make one's heart hurt. Some fear us, villanize us rather than compete with us as friends and companions. Others see our accomplishments, but still would care not to trust nor befriend us----this is the price we pay for training the Nation to not become Prey to the Enemy."

"There have been several times that Batman has let the public believe he was the bad guy. Blamed him for less than fortunate outcomes after combating certain enemies. He accepted their hatred without allowing it to weaken his soul nor sense of self----and he continued to serve Gotham as their hero from the shadows, without asking for any reward nor credit for doing so. He continued to be the hero that was needed because it was the right thing to do."

Back to topPage bottom

Lee sits back and watches the exchange between Dargo and Lies in Wait.  When the batman comparison is made with the Shadowlords, he nods and smiles slightly, then remembers something and frowns a bit.  He seems content to observe the current interactions.

Back to topPage bottom

As Lies-in-Wait takes notice of Lee's growing silence, she waits to ask Dargo, "and what of your third question?" As she likewise seems to listen rather than automatically create the next discussion topic.

Back to topPage bottom

"What is our biggest strength as Arhouns?"

Back to topPage bottom

"While I believe encounters with battle and similar conflict should be kept to a minimum by choice, it is because battle can always begin as a surprise attack, and we will need all of our strength and skill to not be placed into a circumstance of greater disadvantage."

"I believe one of our greatest aspects as Ahroun is our ability to maintain and endure conflict at a constant rate."

"We begin strong. Quickly, we are able to disable, disarm, intimidate, or severely weaken opposition."

"With our tactical training, we can do this for individual foes of greater strength, or better yet, for large numbers of forces at one time so the rest of our nearby Allies can focus their efforts on specific reasons best employed by their auspical training."

"We can use our strength in acts of self sacrifice, and this is what many others most remember. This can be taking blows for the sake of another, catching and trapping an enemy when they weapon sticks upon our ribs, holding a foe still so our pack can attack as one----or more risky maneuvers such as take the ire of a frenzied ally so the rest do not come to harm while we continue to battle our Enemy as well."

"I do not recommend such manuever if better tactics present themselves, but we are strong and able to survive them if performed wisely. Similarly, while this teaches many that we can survive blows from multiple enemies at once, this does not mean we jump first and alone into such a one sided fray while our allies stand back and watch. Being surrounded and alone is how many Garou die."

" Seeking Glory and being so reckless could show your Allies your last moments of life, or worse, you may weaken everyone else because you were their main fighting force to be depended on."

"We have the strength to take out foes ranks above us in power, if our gifts and skills are combined with wise tactics. We can, to a degree, control crowds of foes for that same reason. Yet, with such power, I say keep in mind how this benifits our people and our missions. Because of this strength, we can defend others who are less able to survive alone in conflict---a kinfolk enemies want to kidnap, a Gaian spirit or holy place that enemies want to capture or destroy, numerous others."

"Our greatest strength as Ahroun is that we have the potential to have more that what we need, so we can focus on using it for the benifit of others. The choice of what one does with it is up to the individual, and what they have learned."

"Rage and our connection to it is a connected matter, but I will wait to hear if any present have questions about this current topic before I continue." She looks to Zack as well as the cubs in case they have more they want clarified about the current topic.

Back to topPage bottom

"That's very interesting I will have to think more on what you said and strive to be the best. That was the last for me. Whats next?"

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML