Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Lets Start With Plan A And Work Our Way Up (tag: Lucian And Faula)
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: Lets Start With Plan A And Work Our Way Up (tag: Lucian And Faula) 

The umbra there ripples unpleasantly, and the physical there shows no sign of any disturbance. But there's nothing IN the umbra, either.

AjST Send private message Send e-mail to user Visit poster's website
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian looks to each of the ladies, "I'll be damned but it seems to me  more like the hole through which energy forced us this way. More like a rippling force than an entity."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Remarkably graceful and well balanced, clearly supernaturally so.
Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
His only obvious "scars" are eleven light though distinct markings:
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

11.) A Valknut on the front of his left thigh.
12.) A vine pattern on the back of his right thigh.

There is a something about him that has a raw primal appeal to women.
((Appearance 5, +Animal Magnetism, +Sexy, +Seductive, -Surreal Quality))

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

"Wait, are you saying that we may have caused this by coming through it?" Syd says as she watches the ripple and frowns at it.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
*more to come...dun-dun-duh*
Picture Base Model

Sydney Sloane Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shakes his head, "Not quite. This may be what spat us out here. We didn't create this. It simply isn't within our capacity to do. Think of it as a symptom of what caused us to get here. The issue itself however is not in the Umbra but in the gauntlet. Which I imagine is going to be a bit difficult for you two to see, but if you start peeking from one side to the other you should be able to see it by happenstance."

A beyond human good looking man with iridescent draconic eyes that seem to shift from gold through red and blue into silver depending on the lighting. He has unusually sharp teeth. His long and well cared for silken hair holds the same coloring of his eyes.

Most often well dressed in the highest craftsmanship of fine clothes and usually unarmed.
If one were to see him shirtless they might find vestigial scales not suited to defend anything of the same iridescent colors but starting in silver.
1.) A not quite human shaped bite mark that left behind marks with pronounced canines on his left Levator Scapulae.
2.) A glyph like marking as if made by almost human nails on his left side on the majority of his rib-cage as if resting on his hip.
3.) What might very well be a Bindrune on his right inner forearm. 4.) Above that mark their seems to be a Lønnrun in a thin, blood-colored line where it encircles his. 5.) Which is in turn below another Lønnrun of the standard skin scarring color. 6.) That is of course followed with one more above it Lønnrun.
7.) With another Bindrune on his left. 8.) Above which is another Lønnrun of a similar styling. 9.) Similarly followed by a Lønnrun. 10.) With another Lønnrun completing the set.

Back to topPage bottom

"All I know about being in the Gauntlet is that it if you get stuck you are going to have a bad time and that it feels like to thick cobwebs half the time." Syd shivered as she went to push her non-existent glasses up before trying to focus her sight to see what Lucian was seeing.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

“I have a few tricks to help in the umbra also I have found crossing the gauntlet easier than some providing nothing has locked it.”

Faula Arinoc Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

After giving the Theurges time to look into the Gauntlet and the Umbra Lucian asks, "See anything in particular?"

Back to topPage bottom

"Oh you know, just a massive shadow...thing. Likely where it shouldn't be." She said with a frown.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

“I would agree with Sydney.  Is that what you see?”

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods and sighs. He then sidesteps into the Umbra where Lucian uses a thumb claw to slice his index fingertip open. He spends a bit drawing a bit of a working on the ground before seeming to solidify a bit of his Gnostic energy as a small silvery pearl like object. He then takes that and tosses it in the direction of the rippling effect.

Back to topPage bottom

The blackness between the layers of reality reaches a tentacle of sorts outwards, to not so much catch as to absorb the small pearl of energy.

Back to topPage bottom

"Nothing good happens when tentacles are involved, nothing," Syd said with a frown on her face.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

"Well not everything. But this suggests a thing hiding within that ripple." Lucian looks each of teh ladies over, "Any interest in stepping it up to make this scouting more exciting? I can use a trick to physically chain us together in a manner that cannot be broken until we will it to end."

Back to topPage bottom

“I will go in, I in theory also have a few gifts to work in the umbra.”

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, "Someone needs to stay out as the anchor. Someone else needs to sit on the periphery half in and half out. A third needs to go inside." Lucian shrugs, "I prefer to be the one all in, but I am not against being the one in between if you two prefer. Anchor is going to be a touch disconcerted at first and will need to trust me with my spiritual knacks. It will seem scarier at first than it actually is." He looks bnoth ladies over again, "In the process I am willing to answer all questions about what I am doing and how."

Back to topPage bottom

"I am here for this. I'm okay being whatever section is needed. Sounds like being the anchor might be best." Syd offered.

"I don't know how Spirits react to me yet. Other than the ones I know."

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods, and then walks over to Sydney and places his hands on her arms, "Trust me. Just relax and trust me. This will be weird but it is not abyssal magic." Lucian begins to chant and gesture with his hands as eh obviously focuses. His eyes grow such a dark blue as an almost raven black. Chains and braided cable of shadow begin to sprout into being from every nearby shadow attaching themself to Sydney and seemingly anchoring her into place from their different shadows. From Sydney a harness shapes and extends to Lucian around whom another harness forms before the braided cables and chains weave themself at last around Faula in a similar fashion. Beyond the lengths between them and Sydney being anchored in place none of them, are limited in their movement. Lucian then moves to take his place directly at teh periphery of the bubble, half in and half out.

Back to topPage bottom

She blinks but doesn't have a negative reaction, she stays rather calm and settles where she is standing so the others can get situated.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Within the gauntlet itself, things are... upsetting? perhaps is the best word for it. There is a presence, there, not visible, but not malovelent. Hungry, certainly. Or maybe empty? Not intelligent, but cunning. There is darkness, and there is cold, and there is something... Other. Almost like something that existed out-of-phase with this dimension.

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian sort of makes a grumping huff, "Sydney, it seem s there is something off with the area in a rather spiritually wrong way."  He sniffs at the air, "A cunning being of hunger as well as an other sensation like capital O Other." Lucia turns back to Faula, "Be careful while looking around."

Back to topPage bottom

"Like it doesn't belong here either?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head but she kept still with her eyes closed. Just focused on her task of being the anchor on that side, ready and relaxed.

(4 Apperance Traits)
*Spirit Magnet*
Picture Base Model

Back to topPage bottom

Faula watches the interaction between Lucian and Sydney attempting to open her senses to what is happening trying to perceive the entity they speak of.

(OOC: Apologies for disappearing from the boards for much longer than I thought I would)

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML