Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in


Post new topic  Reply to topic 
Page 1 of 1
 
 
A Proper Shindig
Author Message
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post A Proper Shindig 
 
((Hey folx, several of us that will be in this thread have life things so responses will likely ebb and flow in strange ways. My intent is that this takes place at some nebulous place between Pack Binding and the as-yet-unnamed scene in which we get out of time lock. While it is not my intent for anything beyond a casual social scene to occur, Garou are just the worst so who knows?))

Brennus arrives in the clearing in which the crew has made camp carrying a rather sizable stone cauldron, rough carved with knotwork and pointedly ancient. Once he's crossed through the open field and found his way back into the comfortable shade near the Pavilion the Fianna glances around. Frowning slightly, the cauldron is set gently to one side with no apparent effort.

dagdas-2bbowl-2ball
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Rex noisily clanks and clatters into view carrying a wide variety of bottles tied to handmade ropes and hanging from a thick stick across his bare shoulders. Several pitchers of ice swing heavily. With his jacket knotted at his waist, he seems happy and carrying his haul without strain. He whistles appreciatively at the large stone.

 “Looks nice. Your work?”

Gently, the drinks are set down and he sits to untie them.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"Níl, ar ndóigh, níl. Thug Dagda é chugainn." His response is absent minded at best, attention otherwise occupied by trying to figure out the best placement for the cauldron and seating.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Rex makes a wry expression and leaves it be. Once the bottles are free he starts fashioning a bottle opener from stick and stone. Occasionally he will produce a perfectly good bottle opener from a jacket pocket to compare and make adjustments.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"English, Bren," Eve says, cheerily, whisking into the clearing with a wide, shallow basket -almost a platter, really- perched on her right hip and babes slung cross-wise on her chest. The basket is overflowing with breads and rolls and such things, all of which smell fresh·baked for all that the party was impromptu. "Not everyone in the crew speaks the Mother's sweetest tongue, and my Russian is only so-so at best. I mean, of course, I'm fluent and conversational, but my accent is atrocious. I sound like a lowlands scully·maid." She turns to Rex as she sets down the basket. "Take the twins will you love, I have simply got to run to the necessary." Unceremoniously, she hands him the pair of one-year-olds, shucking the slings. They're dressed identically in what seems to be gowns made of soft, home-spun linnen.
 




____________
A strange blend of shyness, of pride and conceit, and a stubborn refusal to bow in defeat.
She spoiling and ready to argue and fight, yet the smile of a child fills her soul with delight.
Her eyes are the quickest to well up in tears, and her strength is the strongest to banish your fears.
Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.
 
Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"D'fhéadfá a bheith ina sheirbhíseach cistine ó na hísealchríocha, ach tá do theanga chomh milis ná riamh."

Brennus chuckles roughly, giving his mate a pointed look. Finally settling on a plan, he picks a spot in the shade without being completely under the overhanging branches. The din and vision of him digging through his pile of disorganized nonsense with little care for where things end up is almost comical.

"That there pot is a gift from Uncle and is where all of our feast meals will be coming from for some time." A triumphant grunt is followed by Brennus pulling some gut cordage to the length of his arm thrice with some slack. With a casual toe beneath the shaft of his ashandarei the Fianna kicks the weapon from the ground into the air next to him, catching it without looking. He strides over to the spot he'd been looking at before going off to find his tools. "Come here and watch how to do this, kid. You may need it one day."
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Eve pauses in her rushing off to stare back at Brennus, blush, and turn back to to head off into the brush to do her business. As she goes, she mutters something not unlike "...Maybe not everything in English."

She returns a few minutes later, pausing at the edge of the clearing, her eyes automatically going first to her babes and then to watching what the men are doing.
 




____________
A strange blend of shyness, of pride and conceit, and a stubborn refusal to bow in defeat.
She spoiling and ready to argue and fight, yet the smile of a child fills her soul with delight.
Her eyes are the quickest to well up in tears, and her strength is the strongest to banish your fears.
Her hate is as fierce as her devotion is grand and there is no middle ground on which she will stand.
She’s wild and she’s gentle, she is good and she’s bad. She’s proud and she’s humble, she’s happy and sad.
She’s in love with the ocean, the earth and the skies,she is enamored with beauty- wherever it lies.
She’s victor, she’s victim, a star and a clod… but mostly she’s Irish, in love with her God.
 
Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Caiolynn ended up appearing on the opposite end of the clearing, a large leather sack hung over each of her shoulders. The bags were each easily as large as she was, or nearly so, and heavy by the look of them.
 




____________
Irish woman are curves and class and straight whiskey in a glass
{NPC}
 
Kara Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
From the distance Mackenzie approaches the gathering arm in arm with Reagan, the sound of their voices drifting ahead to announce their presence to those already there.

It is clear that she has kept up a steady stream of conversation with him from the time they leftthe area of pack binding.

Mackenzie tips her head, "Deities? Like Gods... but... I thought the Fianna were a Garou tribe?" She frowns for a moment, her free hand seeming to count as she mouths words to herself.

She lights up as he attempts to describe a Fianna-style party. "Sounds like a party style I could get used to. I mean... maybe I'll pass on arm wrestling with this group but I'm a pretty big fan of kick off your heels and get down into the dirty of true celebrating. My parents tribe was pretty good with celebrating but this sounds like it might have a dash more college style to it," she says with a laugh.
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance) female in early 20’s. Though clearly of mixed heritage, her darker skin and rich hair hint at some sort of Hispanic blood in her family tree.

Equipment: Backpack w/ wallet, cell phone, sketch book or 3, art supplies

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"Oh, they're a Garou tribe, alright." Reagan chuckles. "But I don't see why that should preclude the Gods, or gods, being involved." The way he inflects makes the difference between capital and lowercase god obvious. "Least-wise, it never has before now." He shifts such that they move from arm-in-arm to him having her by the hand as they enter the clearing fully. He twirls her about and leads them both into a bow. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived, and the party may now begin." There's an obvious level of mock self-importance in his tone, and he winks at Mackenzie as he straightens.

"Make sure you ask if anything is awakened before you have any, or you'll be in for a hell of a ride."
 




____________
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck You," said the Raven.
{NPC}
 
Reagan Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Mackenzie lifts a finger and looks for a moment like she is about to say something but then, pausing, drops her hand.

Managing not to trip up with his moves, she attempts to match his grace, a laugh bubbling at the impromptu spinning. Catching his look, she assumes a mock serious stance, her head thrown back and shoulders proud, and nods imperiously, her eyes sparkling with the jest.

"Awakened?" She queries, "And like... a bad hell of a ride or the kind that you want to chase again?" Her voice holding hints of maybe being open to the adventure.
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance) female in early 20’s. Though clearly of mixed heritage, her darker skin and rich hair hint at some sort of Hispanic blood in her family tree.

Equipment: Backpack w/ wallet, cell phone, sketch book or 3, art supplies

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Rex stands holding the babes gently but with a look of practice. He smiles at them warmly and bounces them a little, giving them a quiet introduction so they can hear his voice and know he means no harm. Once the three of them are adjusted Rex walks them over towards Brennus.

“Guess it’s a group project now.” He grins.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Brennus grins at the twins, then puts on a mock serious face - great stone-faced warrior that he is. The shaft of his spear is driven into the earth, the cord tied just beneath the blade, and a knife tied to the end of said cord. The Fianna shows the process of measuring distance and marking a circle with the blade, all in silence.

While the others talk he quietly shifts into his wolf skin and digs out the necessary pit. Lupus claws make unsettlingly short work of what moments before was hard packed dirt, roughly three feet deep by thirteen feet wide. Now freshly covered in dirt, Brennus shifts back up into Homid.

"Alright, kid, hand off the twins and help me find some decent hardwood. And, uh, you will need a shovel for that last part."
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Rex returns the twins to their mother and scrounges a sturdy shovel. Putting it causally over his shoulder, he walks into the woods at an easy pace that makes his exit easy to watch.
 



 
Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Brennus stops by each of his wives, kisses them firmly, and heads off into the woods behind Rex.
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Mackenzie glances up, noting the departure of Brennus and Rex before turning her attention back to those closer and staying for the fun part of partying.
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance) female in early 20’s. Though clearly of mixed heritage, her darker skin and rich hair hint at some sort of Hispanic blood in her family tree.

Equipment: Backpack w/ wallet, cell phone, sketch book or 3, art supplies

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Display posts from previous:    
Post new topic  Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 


HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None


 
Permissions List
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You cannot download files
You cannot post calendar events