Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in


Post new topic  Reply to topic 
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
A Proper Shindig
Author Message
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Kara watches the Elder's offering carefully before approaching, and taking the requsite clear droplets and tucking them away. Smirking at Eve's enthusiasm, Kara moves to begin packing down the dirt that Brennus and Rex had dug up in a wide circle around the deep pit they dug. Her own heavy bags set aside for the moment, she set kindling down low in the pit and got it going, the acrid sting of leafy twigs going up in smoke curling in the air before giving way to the small sticks of hardwood that followed.

When her mate arrives, Kara relieves Brennus of one of his bundles of wood and uses it to begin building up the fire in to something that will light the clearing well and also produce a fat bed of coals to heat stones for cooking with ease.

Done with this task, she checks on the wee ones and then moves over find a bottle of stout, frothy beer.
 




____________
Irish woman are curves and class and straight whiskey in a glass
{NPC}
 
Kara Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Eve works with Syd to get the babies squared a way in a hammock strung between two trees.

Then, it is party time. She disappears into the tent nearby and comes out in a dancers outfit in green and gold, and wielding a tambourine. She makes her way over to the fire with a swish in her hips, the sort of subtle movements that draw the eye naturally to one.

She paces the circle once, to take it's measure and imprint the feel of the dirt under her bare feet, and then, tambourine in hand, she begins to beat out a faced paced rhythm to dance a reel to. It only takes a minute or so of the music before her feet cannot stay still any longer, and her knees and hips follow suit, taking the res of her with them as she begins to sway and kick and whirl her way around the fire.
 




____________
When night stirred at sea, if the fire brought a crowd in, they say that her beauty was music in mouth.
And few in the candlelight thought her too proud, for the house of the planter is known by the trees.
Men that had seen her drank deep and were silent, the women were speaking wherever she went --
As a bell that is rung or a wonder told shyly, and O she was the Sunday in every week.


Appearance x5 (Sexy), Charisma x5 (Girl Next Door), Manipulation x5 (Emotional Appeals)
Feral Appearance, Animal Magnetism, Good ol' Girl
 
Eve Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Yiya-teh chuckles her approval at the actions of the pair of kinfolk and helps herself to a beer as well, mostly to cleanse the bitter taste of the mushroom she'd just thoroughly masticated from her pallet.

The arrival of David is met with a long, odd look and a reserved sniff in his direction, before Yiya-teh offers him a beer as well. "I can smell the trouble on you from here, kid." The beautiful shaman shook her head in amusement at something only she knew. "Be welcome to our small gathering, Trickster's Son. Behave and everyone here will too."

She then turns her attention to Mackenzie. "How have you been settling in among us, child? Have you need for anything?"
 




____________
Yiya-teh "Sees Her Foes"
Lupus. Uktena. Theurge. Elder.
Dex 5, Sta 5, Str 5 ~ App 5, Cha 5, Man 5 ~ Int 5, Perc 5, Wits 5



It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.
 
Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"Awakened," Reagan repeats in answer to Mackenzie. "As in the spiritual essence within has been ritually enhanced. Which in some regards is really awesome. The spirit within is alive and empowering it to do what it does 1000% better and moreso. Downside, those without a warrior's," he nods towards the Garou present, "endurance and stamina can suffer some minor setbacks from the use of awakened drink and herb. Alcohol poisoning and death are one option. I have heard stories of possession caused by the same sort of things, when they're awakened with evil intent by evildoers." He shrugs dramatically. "It's your body and I won't stop you, but if I have to convince a bear-lady to fix you, I am going to be very cross with how our girls night out turned out."

He might have been about to say more on the subject, but the Elder showed up and then Eve started dancing shortly thereafter, to which he clapped his hands in rhythm. When the newcomer wandered in, and he heard Yiya-teh's pronouncement, he left Mackenzie's side with an 'Excuse me, luv.' and makes his way over to the man. "Name's Reagan. What brings you, friend?" He offers a hand in pleasant greeting.
 




____________
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck You," said the Raven.
{NPC}
 
Reagan Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
David gave the first young woman to smile and wave at him a very warm and inviting smile of his own.  When the older Native American woman says she can smell trouble on him, he gives her an innocent look.  Calling him Trickster's Son, only furthers the look.  "Me?  Trouble?" he asks, innocently, setting down the guitar and taking the offered beer, "I would never dream of doing anything of the sort, unless invited of course?" That last said with a mischevious and flirty wink to Yiya-teh, but during their interaction, his eyes never actually met hers...

When the gentleman comes up to him, David shakes his hand with a friendly grin, "David.  One of the lessons my Uncle taught me was always, 'David, should the world go all batshit, you find a place of safety.  My pack and I won't be around to keep you and the family safe.  You hear boy!?' And then he'd threaten to hit me with a stick if I wasn't listening." He made a sweeping motion, taking in the world outside of where the group was, "Considering how time has gone all, to quote my Uncle, batshit, I listened to the spirits as I was taught, let the luck gifted me by the Great Spirit guide me, and here I am.

"That...was some time ago, and then I ran into this strikingly beautiful woman named Jysirra who decided to poison me, chain me up into a bedroom in a castle, and...well, a gentleman never kisses and tells.  Though I would be more than happy to show." David takes a swig of beer and mischievous glint in his eyes that swiftly becomes a look of pure excitement and joy, "That, though, can definitely be later, for now we have a party to begin, dancing to be had, and who can dance without proper music?"
 




____________
Appearence x5
Charisma x4
Animal Magnetism
Performance x4(guitar, drums, singing, talesinging & dancing)
No Pure Breed.
No Rage.

A tall and lean man of Native American descent. Tilted blue eyes gleam mischievously, giving him a slightly vulpine appearance. A mane of black hair falls to his shoulders, pulled in a well kept ponytail.
 
David Windsong Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Mackenzie laughs and holds up her hands at Reagan's warning. "Duly noted. I'll play it safe tonight."

Lifting a hand, she waggles her fingers in farewell to Reagan as he moves to engage with David.

As Yiya-teh addresses her she lifts a shoulder in a simple shrug. "Well enough I suppose? It's only seemed a couple days for me so I don't have much needs yet or anything. I'm still in that... new adventure mode I guess you could say. I was leant some space to crash which was much appreciated. Aside from that I think I'm just waiting till the time bubble thing ends so that I can get my feet under me proper. Figure out how to get paperwork and a job and all that jazz."
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance)
Subtle hints of Hispanic heritage

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
The elder nods, her gaze beginning to glaze over around the edges. "See that you speak with one of our glasswalkers about that. When the time comes, Backlash will be more able to help you than Miss Sloane will, given their disparate natures."
 




____________
Yiya-teh "Sees Her Foes"
Lupus. Uktena. Theurge. Elder.
Dex 5, Sta 5, Str 5 ~ App 5, Cha 5, Man 5 ~ Int 5, Perc 5, Wits 5



It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.
 
Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
Mackenzie nods, “Backlash... ok. I will. Thank you” she says differentially.

Seeing the drugs starting to take affect, Mackenzie smiles and leans back, allowing the elder to enjoy her experience.

She herself, relaxes and gazes around watching the dancing and the festivities that surround them.
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance)
Subtle hints of Hispanic heritage

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
From the shadow of a tree stepped Backlash quietly into the gathering. His blue and red eyes were both uncovered and bright, a smile on his face that seemed genuine and almost warm. Winds seemed to breeze his hair as he moved and nodded to those he caught eyes with.

“Did someone call me? I was taking the long way around. Hello everyone!” He quipped, speaking towards but not at Yiya-teh.
 



 
Backlash Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
"Backlash, Welcome!" Yia-teh smiles as she begins swaying in place, something etherial settling about her features. "Take two Pegasus' Tears, so that you can sober up in an instant if you need to. Everyone's got two, so they can get themselves and another sober. Drink abounds, and the teonanácatl," she gestures to the shrooms laying on the cloths next to the small basket of Pegasus Tears, "on the black cloth are awakened for our consumption, while the white is for the kinfolk and those without our regenerative con...." She trails off watching something. "Constitution." She smiles dreamily, and swallows whatever she had been chewing, before putting a shroom in her mouth, beginning to chew it. She crosses the distance between herself and her packmate, and casually drapes herself half-over him in a warm hug before parting from him. "Enjoy the party. That's an order if it has to be, and a suggestion if it doesn't."
 




____________
Yiya-teh "Sees Her Foes"
Lupus. Uktena. Theurge. Elder.
Dex 5, Sta 5, Str 5 ~ App 5, Cha 5, Man 5 ~ Int 5, Perc 5, Wits 5



It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving. But know this when it comes to matters of protecting my friends,
my family, and my heart: Do not trifle with me. If you do, you will find that I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will know,
and you will be sure of that when I taste your heart's blood and watch the light fade from your eyes until your dying breath.
 
Yiya-teh Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
((I'm not really sure how to progress this scene, but we don't tend to have big group scenes often so I don't really want this to just get hand waved as a party. Does anybody have thoughts on this?))
 




____________

Fianna, Adren, Homid
5G, 9H, 6W
Pure Breed: 5
Spirit Heritage: 5 (The Morrigan)

Sovereign Legacy - The blood of a known god runs through your veins and all of creation can feel it in theirs. Having the strength of your divine (or infernal) legacy behind you gives interactions with you a certain twist, based on ST discretion. Your difficulties on all Social rolls are -2 and your presence grants +1 to any group endeavors. ((Supporter Merit with different flavor text and additional cost))

With pointed ears, teeth a bit sharper than they need to be, and a smile like sin before supper, Brennus is not one to blend in. His clothing is mutable, dependent almost entirely on what is most available, save for a raven feather braided into his hair and a necklace of beads loose around his neck. Usually seen with his raven companion, a look of mischief in his eye, and a stride full of poorly contained violence. Somewhere there is a large, far too intelligent orange Maine Coon watching, waiting, and looking distinctly like they know something you don't.

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmare to the jeweled vision of a life started anew." -- Aberjhani
 
Brennus Ahearn Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Re: A Proper Shindig 
 
((OOC: I'm good with either continued soft RP or to do a fade to grey/black with notes on what each character would do?

Ie: Mackenzie is there to enjoy herself. So she will spend the evening drinking and partaking (lightly) of recreational drugs and talking to anyone who shows interest. Likely asking far too many questions but never trying to offend and always backing off at first signs of discomfort.

She is wary around Yiya-teh due to her being a Garou Elder but only in that she is overly polite.))
 




____________
Attractive (5 dots in Appearance)
Subtle hints of Hispanic heritage

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0
 
Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Display posts from previous:    
Post new topic  Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2


HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None


 
Permissions List
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You cannot download files
You cannot post calendar events