Home    Forum    Search    FAQ    Register    Log in

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Bringing Snacks.... For Temporal Roadtrip
Reply with quote   Download Post  
Post Bringing Snacks.... For Temporal Roadtrip 

From the depths of the woods carrying an enormous pack Rex trudged. His jacket was tied about his waist, and his undershirt was soaking wet and clinging to his skin, but he didn’t seem to be inconvenienced. Upon reaching the established meeting place, he began setting out various items from the bag in neat stacks, rows, and columns by type.

Lopsided glass jars sealed with wax gleamed golden with honey. Several spools of waxed rope were deposited in neat stacks wound tight so as not to unravel. Jars of preserved fruits and wild vegetables were set out with care, as well as several with loose salted and roasted nuts, and pastes of similar make. A tightly rolled hammock was dropped without care nearby.

Finally came several pouches dyed different colors, set with a solid rumble and thud. Rex checked each item to make sure nothing was broken before taking his shirt off, wringing it out, and sitting shirtless near the fire to dry.

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

Pure Breed x5 Silver Fang
Flaw: Changeling Eyes
Merit: Sex Appeal

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Bringing Snacks.... For Temporal Roadtrip 

Lucian walks up and sort of investigates the various things without touching anything and sort of quirks an eyebrow at Rex before he continues to look about, seemingly bemused.

"You know, I never tried eating while outside of time and space going from one place to another. Time doesn't move where we will be going to travel so for most it sort of just gets taken for granted when you do not need food for survival." Lucian continues to glance about, "Would you like something a bit more convenient for carrying everything in?"

Lucian Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex grins at Lucian’s approach. “Sure, if you know a better way. I didn’t really know what the plan was and I wanted the practice of doing things myself. Turns out I’m not just a pretty face, so that was nice to discover. These are more for snacks and ingredients than anything. With as many parties, drinks, and drugs this group enjoys I figured there was a chance someone would snack out of habit. Also rope. Because.....”

Rex thinks about it for a moment and then shrugs. “Rope. Ties up people, places, and things. Brennus likes boats, spooky guy likes boats, I guess a lot of this group does boat things. Boats like rope. Gonna guess you use rope on people and things more than on boats though.” He says cheerily.

Rex moves with uncanny and preternatural grace, and speaks in smooth and catching cadence. He has captivating mannerisms and a noble bearing that is nigh impossible to ignore. His very presence seems to demand attention.

(For context: Appearance and Dexterity are Five, with Specs alluded to in description)

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian smirks to Rex, "More rope on boats and vines on people in my case." Lucian draws out the Maiden stone neatly hung from a vine around his neck that is clearly just tight enough to not be able to slip off over his head and lays it on top of his shirt.

"The vine regenerates perfectly. It is a gift and a condition from Tambiyah, or Venus from the point of view of some folks. I can draw out lengths of it for things the Celestine who is a patron of mothers, love, and sexuality would approve of. Considering it is neither mundane nor part of the World Tree I am slightly surprised it made it through. Working on the theory for why but so far the being ina  frozen moment of time limits some methods of investigation."

While Lucian talks he begins to draw forth some leather from a seeming elsewhere and starts to shape it with his hands. After a while he takes out some metal and a bit of wood with which he begins to shape and organize a backpack meant for holding the sorts of things that Rex has spread about.

"I can't really enchant this with it being able to actually help while we travel. You and I will have a huge advantage during the travelling itself. Nothing supernatural that is not an inherent thing actually works within the space we are going to. Part of why I am big about martial training and safe movement stuff. Never know when raw natural skill, ability, and talent will benefit you more than anything else and a truly skilled mind is more capable and dangerous than any supernatural power."

As if an afterthought, Lucian looks to Rex and quirks an eyebrow again while asking, "Any history with Cthonic beasts?"

Back to topPage bottom

Rex blinks at the question, thrown off. “Uhhh I mean there was this bunch of groupies at this concert that had their T-Shirt, I think. I don’t really listen to death metal much. Your magical kink goddess vine rock would have been right at home.”

With an instinctive glance at the house he asks, “So should I leave the sword here? I know you said the metal was super dangerous and all, but.... kinda worried about leaving it here. On the other side of time. With a divine wizard. Stuck in a time bubble by an elder titan...... holy shit is my life an acid trip or what....” he mumbles the last part and tapers off into sheepish silence.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles, "Feel free to bring it with you. I will make sure to create a sheath so it is not an issue when you are not wielding it." He then smirks, "Would acid make you feel better about this situation? I don't have any but I am certain I can make something more than suitable."

Back to topPage bottom

Rex laughs at the offer and circumstances. “No, no no, I have enough to contend with. I am pretty excited though. Different time, new country, no scurvy, and no way my father can come lock me up way back then. The idea of fundamentally changing what and maybe who I am is..... scary. But, I’ve given it a lot of thought, and I’m not running away from this. Having the freedom of choice comes with the fear of the unknown and the consequences of those choices. I want the good and the bad. So... no acid until I get back, at least. Self imposed.”

Rex grins to himself and puts another log on the fire. “How about you? Anything about this big adventure giving you pause or worry? Seems like you’ve got the most riding on our little adventure.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods to Rex's commentary, "Well it is something like twenty years. You should take some time to experiment with your new body while you have people and an environment you consider safe. At least once you are comfortable with the people and location."

Lucian uses his claws to do detail work on the backpack with little gestures like retracting and extending his claw sections with an ease and rapidity. The question from Rex is replied to with a shrug before Lucian explains, "Always worried about children into the world. Usually convinced anyone that wants to have them with me is less than sane and distinctly situating themself and others for a great potential to be harmed." Then Lucian smiles to Rex, "However that isn't something worth stressing over." Lucian continues working, "And as for pause... I am a being of great inertia that is driven by a few unusual forms of curiosity. I prefer to stay in motion. Every time period has places of gather where folks can be found enjoying life. Bars, pubs, taverns, saloons, kapeleias, brothels, and long halls have been around damn near as long as civilizations have so there is almost a guarantee that there is somewhere to be getting to know the people as well as their joys and troubles of their own times."

Lucian takes a moment to size Rex up before he begins working on straps, "As much as it will be predating the time of my birth it still will not be the farthest into history many garou we will be close to will ever go. For all that changes there as significant things which hold true to a comforting degree no matter the age."

With a warm smile, "Do you have specific worries or concerns?"

Back to topPage bottom

“Being turned into a tree person with no sex drive by your process of fixing my very messed up situation.” Rex says completely deadpan, staring for a not quite uncomfortable moment before grinning. “No, I think I’m fine. This lot isn’t meant to die from this. I feel it. And I believe I will be better than I am for it. It’s the flowing present that has my worries, and I will face them better equipped when we return.”

He rolls his shoulders with a slight yawn. “So this adventure in time, any risk of screwing up me ever existing? I remember watching something about paradox monsters unmaking people that time travel or something silly. Erasing my family from time might have some merit, but seeing as I require them to exist.....” he shrugs, still enquiring.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Footsteps can be heard coming closer cautiously until a scent wafts through to the gentlemen. The steps come quicker and with more confidence until Michelle appears in the fire light. Her clothes seem slightly tostled and a gleam of excitement flickers every now and again in her eyes. Her breathing is slightly labored, but the sound of her racing heart would lead one to believe its more from joy than anything else. “Gentlemen! What brings you here on such a wonderful-,“ she catches herself and looks up at the sky. “Uh, not evening?” Michelle giggles a little and sits near Rex and the fire. Her nose twitches as the smells of the item Rex brought finally draw her attention.

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Michelle Hollenbach Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles to Rex, "It would be against my very nature to let that happen to you."

Lucian offers a smirk to the potential for timeline fuckery removing Rex from existence, "I have a trick for that. I try not to use it, but I have it just in case." Lucian sighs and pauses his work, "You a Stan Lee fan by chance? Spiderman? The whole with great power comes great responsibility?" Lucian waits for an answer and then nods, "It exists within my power to right things into and out of existence. Many beings do not look kindly on the use of such power though so there is always the chance for there to be hell to pay. That said, you are part of our group now. This group is my family. I'd fight Hell in many shapes to see it survive." Lucian shrugs, "I just do not want to interfere to a point that it limits the freedom of that family or intrudes on any of your rights."

When Michelle approaches, Lucian gives her a sly smirk and watches her as she comes to join the two guys. "Foods. I could smell them when he arrived. Something about that and his intent to see people. Yourself, my gorgeous friend?"

Back to topPage bottom

She leans in closer to the snacks, eyeing them carefully. Her eyes gleam when she looks over the small pots of honey. “Oh, I was out for a run. I’m trying to get used to my new forms. One is definitely not good for anything other than moving in water,” she smiles warmly. She looks between the two men and ponders for a second, “Intent to see people? It’s been nice to run around almost anywhere without being too concerned about seeing someone I don’t want to. Part of me wishes it could stay like this.”

Michelle is a young woman, clearly in her early 20's. Her long brunette hair, honey brown eyes, and sun-kissed complexion give her a warm appearance. Her hair comes roughly to her shoulders in light waves when she doesn't have it pulled up and out of the way, which are both very common looks. She can typically be found in a basic, yet colored, t-shirt and clean, dark jeans.

There is generally a hint of a smile on her lips. Not necessarily that she's happy all the time, maybe it's just her resting expression. She carries herself with a little confidence, but not arrogant.

Back to topPage bottom

“Stay like what?” Comes a third voice. And the sounds of Mackenzie’s approach can be likely heard by the group until a short moment later she becomes visible, carefully working her way through the trees.

“Oh! Somebody doing a picnic?” She asks, taking in the arrangement of food laid out on the ground.

Equipment: None atm

Purebreed: none
Rage: 0
Gnosis: 0

Mackenzie Thann Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex waves at those approaching and brushes some ash off of his bare chest. “Not a picnic, really, just bringing supplies I have found or made in the woods. I thought the cooks or mystics might find them useful. Time is strange here, so I just thought hard about meeting up with people while coming to a meeting place and assumed magic would solve the rest.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian nods to Rex, "So far that has worked, much to my surprise." Lucian tilts his head, "I wonder if Sara has done anything interesting with her personal grasp of the concept of Time. I should ask next time I see her."

Back to topPage bottom

She giggles a little and watches Mackenzie appear from the trees! Michelle smiles wide at the young woman and pats the spot beside her and the fire. “I like running around not as a human and being less worried about seeing humans. My new for will take a lot of getting used to because of how different it is. Also? A little cold,” her tone is playful at the end.

Michelle turns to Rex, apparently only now realizing he isn’t wearing a shirt. She blinks a couple times in quick succession before maintaining strict eye contact with him. “Good to see magic is in your favor. What all have you found?” Her voice is a touch squeaky and a blush can be seen growing on her cheeks.

Back to topPage bottom

Rex grins proudly at his wares, like a proud child with crayon scribbles. “Well, I sat and watched the rabbits and some even smaller fuzzy things that knew right where to dig for onions and stuff. Brought some honey, different nuts that the animals seemed to like... tried making some into spread, but without toast I don’t know how good it is. Didn’t go with fish very well. Good for snacking and putting on fruits though. Made some preserves out of different berries.”

He tilts his head and arches his back, trying to think. “I made rope after a little practice, figured out how to get wax to bond to it. Made those glass jars. Oh, and the pouches have different metals and gemstones I found out there. One bag has river rocks and shells and things. There’s also some salt and spices there, but I’m not good enough at cooking yet to really know how to make them work together.”

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Lucian chuckles, "Hey Rex, I was literally the last person in my original pack to learn to cook. If ever you need my pack may know some small bit of all crafts this world has to offer due to our totem. We also pride ourselves on being able to teach and have a fondness for making people self sufficient." He shrugs, "I won't teach you to forge a soul but Skippy and I were two of the best shipwrights of the age and I doubt anyone made a better klaive than my final works for damn near as long as I had been around." Lucian continues to work on the backpack, "And yes, we can teach how to do it without magic or claws. I just use powers that specifically expedite my workings while letting me shape my materials by hand." Lucian then offers the completed pack to Rex.

"Yiya-teh has a fondness for peanut butter cookies. Just try your best at making a few and offer them to her. The rest will work itself out if you want to learn from her. I know a lot of chef work that does not involve cooking as a result of my time in Nihon. You are welcome to learn that as well if you want. I hear we are about to have plenty of time."

Lucian pauses to look Rex over, "Also, I intend to fix your shape situation before we go so you have time here to adjust and then all the time there to grow into it better."

With his hands now free he smiles to each of the ladies while briefly looking them over. At the sight of Michelle being so determined to not stare at Rex anywhere but the eyes, Lucian smirks. "Rex, I think you have acquired a couple admirers. I think taking you to various pubs and taverns may turn out to be a blast."

Back to topPage bottom

“Fix my shape? Why, did I gain weight?” Rex asks jokingly, poking at his well toned midrif. “Just kiddin’, that bar sounds like a great idea. Hustle some pool or snooker, get free drinks!”

He picks up a jar of the honey nearest to the fire. “Anyone want to try some? It’s really good!” he offers to all assembled.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

An odd scratchy voice replies "I volunteer as Tribute!" from the treeline. Reagan flaps down from the sky above and lands next to Rex, taking on his human form before joining the conversation. "I'd take him up on that if I were you. You have not *lived* until you've had one of the Lady's cookies. If you can get her to teach you, I can assure you the ladies of our pack, among which I will number myself for this purpose, will be delighted."

Reagan Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Michelle’s eyes flicker to Rex’s hand as he pokes his body and jokes. She blinks a couple times, “Snooker?” When he offers up the honey, she licks her lips and claps her hand ina giddy fashion. “I’d love to try the honey! I don’t have it much since it doesn’t do any good For me, but I can’t turn down sweet things.”

Back to topPage bottom

Lucian shrugs, "Well you look fine to my senses but if you want anything changed while you are under the hammer..." He smirks, "Have tools can case mods?"

Lucian chuckles to Reagan and gives him a nod.

When Michelle explains her inability to gain benefit from honey, Lucian smirks, "Honey can be used to accomplish a great many things with what you do gain benefit from eating. It is an amazing ingredient with wondrous versatility."

Back to topPage bottom

Her lips purse together and her head tilts in thought for moment. “I suppose that’s true. I can think of anything I’ve had cooked with honey in a while.”

When the corvid shifter appears Michelle smiles carefully and moves away from the fire, slowly. Those with keen eyes will see a flicker of discomfort cross her eyes with the movement.

Back to topPage bottom

"What's this about food?" Jason asked as he approached, his hair a mix of greens, blues and reds as he approached the group.  Eyeing the gathering of items, his hair color shifted to add more shades of red while maintaining the other colors as he thought for a moment longer before asking aloud, "So, whose taking a trip?"

Jason Dawnbrandt Send private message
Back to topPage bottom

Rex laughs cheerfully at everything going on, tossing the honey jar gently to Reagan once in a form with hands. He gathers up several jars before standing, still smiling bright. “I am, eventually. I’ve got no proper meal here, but you’re welcome to some snacks!”

He cradled the jars to his abs in one arm and offers Michelle her own jar of honey. “Here!” He says warmly, “It’s very good. Really smooth, thick as I’ve ever had. I brought flowers closer to the bees I found and transplanted them, and they seem to have liked it.”

Rex lingers only a moment before turning back to Jason. “I’ve got these salted and roasted, and these here are honey roasted. Mostly walnuts, but there’s a good mix of what was available. You wouldn’t happen to be of a cooking persuasion, would you?” He asks a bit hopeful.

Rex Send private message
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML