Bringing Snacks.... For Temporal Roadtrip

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Subject: Re: Bringing Snacks.... For Temporal Roadtrip
Michelle stands to take the jar and smiles. Once up, she steps around to the other side of the fire and a bit back to put space between herself and the raven. She spins on the balls of her feet and sits cross-legged beside the fire again. “So, yeah. Who’s taking this trip? And where are people going?”

Profile PM  
Jason thinks for a moment, hair turning more red. "Depending on what you're looking to do with those walnuts, you could make a good roast with them. The walnuts would go great in a baklava. But yes, I am of a cooking persuasion, was it my stature that gave it away or do I just give off a vibe of someone who loves to eat." He laughs good naturedly, "How can I be of help?"

Profile PM  
"You can make sure to help me haul the firewood when winter comes. Farm has been without a proper draft horse for too long."

Gruff though the words themselves might be the good natured laughter beneath them would be hard to miss. Even harder yet to miss would be Brennus stepping from the Umbra, the line of the Gauntlet's clinging touch showing just a glimpse of transformation that takes place as he leaves the more obvious traces of his spirit self behind him. ((For those who can't also see into the Umbra, that is.)) Loose fit harem pants tied just below the knee and an open vest are all the clothing he happens to be wearing, though a bevy of accessories make the outfit work in ways it wouldn't otherwise. ((Feel free to ask for more descriptives if they'd matter and I'll include them in later posts.))

"The wind whispered honey and my feet led me here, fortune be on us all. What were we talking about?"

Profile PM  
Rex rolls his eyes and gives a very comical and exaggerated sigh. “Well Cap’n, Lucian made me a proper sack to carry all my stones and offered to get me good and hammered, I’ve got jars of sweetness as gold as my heart, and red here is wanting to roast my nuts!” He gives a provocative wink towards the ladies before carrying on.

“Found some goods in the forest, made some rope, got bored, and thought real hard about magic bringing people here to hang out. Apparently “honey and shiny rocks” is all the lure needed to summon this lot. Wanna try honey roasted?” He asks, shaking the lopsided sealed jar towards Brennus.

Profile PM  
Lucian laughs and smiles at the exchange between Jason, Brennus, and Rex.

Profile PM  
Jason chuckles at Brennus, his hair becoming suffused with various shades of red. "Are you not strong enough to manage it yourself, my little friend?" the Silver Fang jested before looking to Rex, "A good roasting will always bring people, and sometimes the best of moods as well."

Profile PM  
A chuff of laughter precedes the large Fianna, a full six and a half feet in his own right and broad of shoulder for all that he looks not quite grown beside the behemoth next to him, bending down to snatch up a twig from the grass below. Reshaping the twig into a cane, Brennus remains bent over and lets out a low groan.

"Ohhhh, ma' ole bones just cannae keep up with the strain. Younger wolves will just have to take up the torch in my weakened dottage. Must just not be strong enough."

It's more than clear that he's mimicking some ancient Irish greybeard, accent thick and body language reminiscent of everyone's great grandfather.

Profile PM  
A smile tickled the edge of Michelle's lips as she rolled the jar of honey in her hands. She watched the light of the fire flicker through the richly colored syrup. Her eyes glanced up to the men speaking every now and again, but mostly stayed down and quiet.

Profile PM  
Mackenzie doesn't quite track Rex's hand as it brushes the ash away but it would be wrong to say she hadn't noticed it. As Michelle indicates a spot though she turns away with a smile and moves to join the other woman. Seeing the red in Michelle's cheeks that seems to be less due to cold and more do to other things, the smile widens into a grin but she avoids teasing her friend.

"Oh! You are changing forms! Do you think..."she begins and ducking her head, changes what she had been about to say, "ahh... I mean... that's awesome. It's probably good to get used to it huh?"

At Reagan's appearance, Mackenzie smiles and lifts a hand in greeting. Though feeling Michelle move next to her, the smile is replaced with a flicker of concern as she glances sideways, noting Michelle's actions. Reaching out slowly, she subtly brushes her fingers against Michelle's hand, an unspoken question of 'everything ok?'

But before anything can happen, Michelle is off and away. Mackenzie watches her go, a slight v creasing between concerned eyes. The sound of Brennus's rich voice have her blinking and then Rex is teasing and she can't help but roll her eyes and grin at his pun.

Her eyes widening at Brennus's trick with the stick, a quiet 'woah... neat!' muttered under her breath. As the boys continue to jabber easily she leans sideways slightly to peer around the fire to where Michelle danced off to, seeking to catch the other woman's eye in a second attempt to gauge if she was ok.

Profile PM  
Michelle catches Mackenzie’s glance a couple times before forcing a gentle smile. The look seems to be more to ease the other woman’s concern than an actual smile. She’ll catch Michelle glancing at Reagan occasionally, but otherwise her eyes follow the person talking at the time or the tongues of flames produced by the fire.

Profile PM  
Rex rolls his eyes at the antics. “With all these big strong men around that get all One With Nature, I would think someone here that can talk to bees would have learned how to be a bee keeper. Maybe I should say to hell with ropes and just make honey with some nice bees! You showed up faster than a collector for a nude portrait session.” Rex scoffs in a voice clearly mocking someone of high status as he hams up his performance, before laughing.

Profile PM  
Lucian chuckles, "For me, bees keep themself. They are rather nice and polite. Fun to talk with. I am not surprised some older cultures treated bees as part of their family."

Profile PM  
Mackenzie isn’t 100% mollified by Michelle’s smile, but recognizing that now isn’t the time she lets it go. Only occasionally looking to ‘check’ on the other woman.

Turning with a grin to the bantering men, she watches with an amused and maybe appreciative smile. Not having participated in the earlier jesting, she holds off on commenting. Working instead on listening to catch up.

Profile PM  
Rising to his usual posture once more, Brennus casually tosses his hastily salvaged cane end over end - beginning to meander around while he speaks.

"So what else might we need before being off on our little adventure? I know Rex and I still have need to visit your lab; what else might we be lacking?"

Profile PM  
Lucian shrugs, "I must admit, Rex considering snacks was a surprising thought to me. Time does not flow in the space within the trunk of the World Tree. No supernatural things not inherent work there either so I advise you consider armor and a weapon for a change from my usual advice. Anything that will help comfort you should we run into things that live outside of time and space could also help. Definately a travel strategy for who goes where in the line up. I have never had a problem there that I cannot handle but I worry about our group size just a little bit as big as it is."

Profile PM  
"Just ... who all is going?" Mackenzie pipes up curiously.

"And is there any idea how long y'all will be gone?" She adds on after a moment.

By now she had gotten the hang of living wild, but still, if the group was large ... she had also become slightly accustomed to seeing other people randomly about the area as she wandered and existed. If nearly everyone would be gone and for a long time. Well, she wanted to be prepared for the solitude.

Profile PM  
Lucian gestures at Brennus and then himself, "His pack and The Menagerie of Broken Souls. Which is already quite a number for such a trip. As for how long it will seem like we are away? It's won't This frozen moment in time is what we are returning to. Already tested the methodology. Went to the time these lands counted as The Pure Lands. Lived all the way back to now. What really surprises me is the lack of multiple of me ruining around in this bubble but I consider it not being a thing a convenient side effect. This trip for the group of us going is that last thing before moving to help Rorg and then seeing how the bubble of time moves back into motion."

He smirks to Mackenzie, "Nothing stops us from bringing back reasonable souvenirs though."

Profile PM  
Reagan looked at Michelle as she moved away from him, and then continued her wary behavior. After a long moment, in a lull of conversation, caught Michelle's eye. From right next to her, she could hear him whisper, though he was still across the fire.

"Please forgive me, madam, but it seems I am a cause of some concern for you. If you would tell me what I can do to make you more at ease, I will happily do so. I hold no desire to bring you any kind of harm, and I find your distress...distressing."

Profile PM  
Michelle jumps a little at the voice’s proximity. Her brow creases slightly as she opens the jar of honey carefully. “I moved away because who I am behind this mask made you uncomfortable before I even understood the full story. You and Backlash made mention of fearing my kin. I want to make you comfortable around me,” her tone is quiet and so very gentle. She dips a finger into the honey, getting just enough to taste. When she puts the sample in her mouth, a warm smile erupts as she periodically dips her finger into honey to slowly snack.

Profile PM  
"Some of your kin terrify me, true and no denying it, but Lucian says you're good for it. Now that I don't have to be so... surprised by you being as you are, I'm much more at ease. Please don't put yourself out on account of me." He winks at her from across the fire. "Besides, Mackenzie there next to you is entirely too much fun to flirt with for you to be hogging her all to yourself. If you don't mind, though, I'll come and join you two."

Profile PM  
"Well, I hope you all enjoy yourselves." Jason nods to Lucian, before glancing to Brennus, "If there is anything I can make for you before you and your pack leave, and it's within my skills to make, you've got it."

Profile PM  
Mackenzie grins, "I'm not going to turn down a gift," and then pauses and considers how she has totally done that a lot, "Ok ... well, I will but maybe not this time."

Mackenzie tilts her head to consider Jason, "Oh- I guess yeah ... you aren't in those packs are you?"

Profile PM  
Jason shrugs to Mackenzie, but seems unconcerned as he says, "I am not, I assume packs formed before Hill and I arrived. Which is fine," he grins at the two pack Alpha's standing there, "I don't believe either pack and I would mesh well, though, so it's not too much of a loss. Either I'll form a new one or Danu has other plans for me." It wasn't that Jason was apathetic, and anyone that knew him and saw his hair turn into a colorful arrangement of black with hints of greys and purples throughout, knee he didn't like the situation.

Profile PM  
Michelle ponders Reagan’s words and then chuckles a little as he mentions flirting with Mackenzie.”Feel free. And it’s good to know you feel more comfortable with me. Maybe you could teach me about Helios at some point,” she smiles warmly and listens passively to Jason and Mackenzie.

Profile PM  
"There is something to be said for time spent alone in your own mind. It grants you the chance to grow as your spirit wills it, rather than where you are most needed. Cannae be a good Garou packmate while seeking the horizon." Brennus belly laughs in good humour, damned by his own words and finding the irony in it. "Just ask my wives!"

Profile PM  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3